Dolby® Mobile 3 +....

Discussion in 'Acer Iconia Tab A700 Forum' started by ExtremeRyno, Jun 16, 2012.

1. ExtremeRyno

ExtremeRyno Member

Tablet / Device:
    NookColor, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    I've Googled, I've YouTubed, I've...yeah...for about five minutes. It wasn't much of an attempt, but I imagine someone out there more acquainted with Acer tablets will be able to answer my question..What in the world is Dolby® Mobile 3, and how exactly is it upgradeable to Dolby® Mobile 3+?

I found a video showing an Iconia A500 and the kid messed with the Dolby Mobile settings on his tablet and the sound got louder....So is Dolby® Mobile 3 just an equalizer program?

2. ExtremeRyno

ExtremeRyno Member

Tablet / Device:
    NookColor, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Dolby Mobile Video

That video pretty much sums up what I assumed Dolby Mobile is....But I've yet to find any explanation as to the + upgrade.

3. Icebike

Icebike Senior Member

Dolby is an equalizer but also adds separation (spatial) and attempts to make it like surround sound really works with two speakers (earbuds).
    Whether you like it or not is your choice.

Watch the following 1080p HD YouTube video (its safe for work or kids), and its long enough you can switch dolby on and off to see if
    you like it. Try with cheesy earbuds, then with your best earphones.

Its pretty amazing (as is the hd screen on the A700). I used Dolby On, set to Movies, and cranked it up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
  4. Icebike

Icebike Senior Member

Just discovered the A700 has two Equalizers.

One is the Dolby Mobil discussed above.

The second is built into Google Play Music. But you can only see it when you are actually playing a song. The in the upper left hand corner a menu (three lines) appears, and on that is something called Sound Effects.

And compared to Dolby, it really renders your music muddy and heavy. Its pretty miserable on just about every setting I listened to.

It makes Dolby sound fantastic by comparison.

The odd thing is that this is the same version of Play Music that is on my HTC One X (4.1.513) yet I don't have that option on the HTC.
    (HTC does not Have Dolby either, it has Beats Audio. (Dolby is much better than Beats if you ask me. Beats is a one trick pony).