Dolphin Browser Issue

2wheelsagain

May 29, 2011
After installing Dolphin several weeks ago i have given up on it. I'm sick of half loaded pages and having to press on the links 2 times. sometimes more.
Yes this forum is faster in it but general surfing is tiresome.
Back to the stock browser for me.

Anyone else have these issues? (unrooted)

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I find it a rather annoying browser as well. I just don't see what everybody is so gaga about this thing.
I use Dolphin Mini, as well as Dolphin for Pad.
There are people who sing its praises but I think its just because its not Stock, and therefore must be cool.

You have to clear Dolphin's cache often, or it messes up.
I've been using the Dolphin browser for Pad . It is even more annoying in that every time you try to enter a URL in the URL bar it pops up another little window go collect the URL. What was wrong with entering in the URL bar?

When I have problems in Stock, I next usually turn to Opera. Because its a totally different engine (where as dolphin simple is a wrapper around the stock engine) and Opera usually does it right. But Opera is not quite as well integrated as the Stock, sometimes it does not play some videos well.

K9CHP

Aug 3, 2011
The latest Firefox is quite good, very stable. I uninstalled Dolphin as it just acted weird and crashed just as badly as the native browser. Some videos dont play well, require Flash, which I have, yet the native browser can play them without problems.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

gramps50

Aug 30, 2011
I use Dolphine for the Pad and as of yet haven't had any problems with it. The stock browser isn't half bad, the thing that bug me about it is there isn't a good way to exit without closing all the tabs or backing out of all the pages you have viewed. It is in desperate need of an exit button or menu item.