Don't Buy Bargain Basement Tablets

mal_k100

Apr 14, 2011
READ THE TITLE - this is not for questions. Search for a thread and only post if there is not one available.

TIP - Do not buy a tablet that has no support.
TIP - DO not buy a tablet without 2.2 AND confirmed Flash 10.1 AND confirmed Google Market. If the supplier does not know do not buy from them.

Tablets now around with capacitive screens but some are still not 2.2 - do not buy them.

Make a checklist for what you NEED and what you WANT
e.g.
Size
Performance
Price
Camera (front and or rear)
Phone capability
GPS
Wifi
OS - use 2.2 as a minimum
Don't forget to check the ports -
Micro USB for using as an external drive on your PC
Full USB to attach Sticks or external drives (watch power supply)
Battery life
The list goes on....

starapple

Mar 18, 2011
READ THE TITLE - this is not for questions. Search for a thread and only post if there is not one available.

TIP - Do not buy a tablet that has no support.
TIP - DO not buy a tablet without 2.2 AND confirmed Flash 10.1 AND confirmed Google Market. If the supplier does not know do not buy from them.

Tablets now around with capacitive screens but some are still not 2.2 - do not buy them.

Make a checklist for what you NEED and what you WANT
e.g.
Size
Performance
Price
Camera (front and or rear)
Phone capability
GPS
Wifi
OS - use 2.2 as a minimum
Don't forget to check the ports -
Micro USB for using as an external drive on your PC
Full USB to attach Sticks or external drives (watch power supply)
Battery life
The list goes on....

Excellent post. No individual should buy from any of those sites offering bargain basement MIDS/tablets. Nothing posted about them on the selling sites is accurate or true. If you can travel to China and go to the manufacturer and sign an agreement for them to make to your specs for you to sell, then do so. BUT DON'T BUY THESE BRICKDROIDS.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Excellent post. No individual should buy from any of those sites offering bargain basement MIDS/tablets. Nothing posted about them on the selling sites is accurate or true. If you can travel to China and go to the manufacturer and sign an agreement for them to make to your specs for you to sell, then do so. BUT DON'T BUY THESE BRICKDROIDS.

Most of the new tablets are running HONEYCOMBE... 3.0 or 3.1.
I would think that would be one of the most important considerations when buying a tablet. Especially with 10.1" tablets. I have an ACER Iconia a500 with 32GB. And for all those wondering when they will be upgraded to version 3.1 - its coming this month.

Douvie.

richard1

Dec 24, 2011
I also purchased 3 of these(zethink tablets,2.2)as presents for my grandaughters,but when i tried to get them up and running,one wouldnt boot up at all,and i cant figure out how to work the others,so i read some forums on them,then went out and bought netbooks running windows,and i have 3 lightweight boat anchors.lol.
I just spent a long time answering and lost the post. I would NOT recommend selling these gadgets, based on the posts on fora such as this and my own experience buying one that I got in January with the intention of offering via drop shipping from my online bookstore. It froze during boot and has not worked since and I can't upgrade or reinstall an OS since there's no easy way to determine what the true hardware specs are. Imagine if you have to accept returns from frustrated customers while having to deal with an unresponsive seller in China.

I bought it through what I thought was the reputable AliExpress channel of AliBaba.com but no communication from the seller. So if you can't go to China to strike a deal with a reputable manufacturer, stay away from the hustlers on the various sites.