Don't do it

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
I updated. Cool. Crashed ten times, called support, they said only solution was to factory reset.

FIVE hours later, I STILL do no have all my stuff restored.

After reboot, My back up pro sees NOTHING. I have a backup of my sd card on computer, but it will not transfer. It is just a bad patch and not worth the hassle.

The Vizio support *****es are a bit *****y, obviously I am not the only one with this problem.

My advice, DO NOT DO THE UPGRADE. It is a waste of time. The browser stops working and it is just a mess.

I say again DO NOT DO THE UPGRADE.

Kemp

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
if you hate the update can you try to downgrade ... via recovery ? ofcourse the update.zip that we got is for 57 the un rooted version but it will be interesting if some one try this

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
NO it is a system upgrade, you can not go back.
I didnt try this yet but why not if we got update.zip 57 we can flash it via recovery .. in theory I cant see any thing can stop this .. in logic maybe they prevent downgrading ... .. but still an idea I wanna try maybe I will try it myself .. but after checking the new system :)

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
This is so odd why would some updates have a ton of problems and others none what so ever. My update went great I haven't had a single crash or forced closure. I spent several hours on the web today doing some research and didn't have a single problem. For me the update has speed up my Vtab and really made it smooth. I also have not had the computer issues my PC see's all my data and my Vtab I can move stuff back and forth at will from my Vtab and PC.

Why would one tablet not have any issues and others a ton.

Jim

Last edited:

Philtablet

Jan 13, 2012
Grr. I have to get a new browser and a video program to play my mp4 movies. Some of the fluff like netflicks I deleted. I saw how easy to get an e-book (the Three Muskateers) but I think it is a Google book.

New edit 8:45 PM: Market works got Opera browser and will soon get a video program. Opera does not shut down like the old browser.

2nd edit: I forgot that my second SDHC card was in my Vizio and I had no MP4 movies on it. When I put movies in it plays like a charm.

Last edited:

Martel

Nov 14, 2011
I haven't had any force closures at all

The ereader I use is Moon +. Seems to work fine. A little better, in fact, since the upgrade. I an liking the smaller font for my ereader alot

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
Flash 11 will not install, browser does not work. Had to install Foxfire. lets see my back up pro will not see my backups, they are on the card, checked via computer.

Lookout backup does not work, SOO if you have backed up ANYTHING on your card, for get about it. You can go to astro and reinstall everything one program at a time.\

It is faster, IT SUCKS.

sureshot8

Nov 29, 2011
I had problems with my vizio before the update and some of those have been resolved with expanded memory to the SD card but now I have video viewing issues. If it isn't one thing it is another. I do like the way the tablet operates now. It is much faster and responsive.

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
I only paid $189 so i can't *****, but my time is worth something. The support people are very nice, but that doesn't make up for the bad engineerinig. Why won't skpe work? they are selling voovo. Not good.

Philtablet

Jan 13, 2012
I only paid $189 so i can't *****, but my time is worth something. The support people are very nice, but that doesn't make up for the bad engineerinig. Why won't skpe work? they are selling voovo. Not good.
I hope Vizio gives you an option to return the Vizio for another Vizio. You are a newbie and should have done more reading about the tablet. Sometimes when you invest time more carefully you are rewarded. The forum here can still help you if you spell out in more detail what you have and what you expect. Good luck in explaining better.