DONT HATE! Mac user needs help syncing Le Pan II.

Backcut

Mar 3, 2012
So, Bought my 1st Android device the other day. Have been liking the LE PAN 2 so far. I obviously couldnt afford an ipad so I did my research and found the LP2 would meet the mark. All I really want to do is transfer all my music sheets to it, tabs, chords, etc. So far, I have not found anything that can connect the LP2 to my mac. Ive been struggling with double twist lately. I'd like to get some music over to the tablet so I can jam along with it.
So, from past reading, I need to turn my "mass storage on". I have not been able to locate any options on the tablet that says anything like that. Any help there?
thanks!

Spaceboy62

Jan 12, 2012
Your best bet may be to sign up with dropbox uploading your files from the mac, then downloading it to the LP2.
You also could email them to the Le Pan.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Hei, Backut, welcome to the Forums and Android. :)

Spaceboy's suggestions work, Dropbox is a neat way to keep your files available anywhere you can find a wifi connection.

Another idea - you could install AirDroid in the tablet. I's a wonderful app, and it includes file management. You can either copy files FROM the tablet or TO the tablet using AirDroid.

It's runs as a web server in the tablet, you connect to it's IP, via port 8888 (this can be changed if desired), and it's all done from the browser in the computer side.

Recommended app, it's really good. Here : https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sand.airdroid

Backcut

Mar 3, 2012
appriciate the replies, drop box looks good, have yet to try it, it says the free version is only 2 gb? i liked the sound of doubletwist because of the music transfer from itunes, i just cant figure out how to turn the mass storage on/off. cant seem to find the option?

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Backcut, if you install Dropbox for Android, you can get up to 3 GB extra if you upload videos and photos with it.

The extra space gets added as needed - first time you sync with the Android app, you should get 500 MB added to the basic 2 GB dropbox gives out for free.

Ways to get more space - refer friends, you get 250 MB extra for each one that accepts and installs Dropbox in one of their systems or phone/tablets.

Although the basic 2 GB free looks puny compared to some of the other cloud storage offers we see, Dropbox has a cult following due to it's functionality, and the privacy policies the company has. Compare that and the user interface experience with Minus.com, or Box.net, which both offer 50 GB. I can't stand Minus, 50 GB or not, useless for me. ;)

Oh - regarding USB mass storage, I believe the LPII uses a different way to do it, via MTP drivers; so the internal storage can still be used by tablet apps, even while you have access to it via PC connection.

Don't think there's a toggle for that; although I don't have a LP II to be sure.

Last edited: