Don't have to root Kyros because...

Apr 28, 2011
No, you will still have to root to login and create an account with android verifying that you have an android smartphone, or tablet. Once you do this, then you can access the apps on the google marketplace. If you logged into the web store, it would just say that there was no device associated with this account, and tell you to pretty much get one to associate it with.

Like the article says, it is really nice just to hit a button on your pc, and the app is pretty much on your device. It makes life easy compared to apple, where you have to download, and then transfer with a cable and the device right in front of you( that is how it was. you may not have to do this anymore, the last ipod touch I had was about 2 years ago).

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
You don't need to root and take the chance of screwing up your tablet. There are several app sites now. Amazon, Applanet, slideme and others... PLUS get the file that Tipster has, it's got all the good stuff.

I rooted mine until I hit a snag at the end, not worth the effort IMO just for google market. Amazon gives away a free "paid" app a day. I've gotten some nice apps there.

Last edited:

Radioman55

Jun 2, 2011
Oh, thanks for the information, but someone on here said something about apps being out of date in a lot of these other stores and only Google market assures you are downloading the latest versions of your desired apps... is that true?

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
Got a 7024 for my daughter for her 10th birthday and put android market on it without root. I found a thread about it and followed the directions, worked for me.