Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can't get new ROM on...

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
I get

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

Thats after cache wipe complete

Still reboots into clockwork.

EDIT: Got it figured out. It was still booting into clockwork, so I put remove-clockwork.zip on the sd card, and "installed" it. It removed the clockwork so it COULDN'T boot back into it, and rebooted. It WORKED!!! Had to boot off and back on before the rom would respond to touch, but seems to be working now.

So, is the built-in back button that was on CM7 part of gingy? or CM7. I kind of liked that. Anyway, making a backup like STAT, so I can get back here without this headache. I literally spent HOURS yesterday and today trying to get it. Hopefully I can get flash to work now, or I'll probably cry!

Thanks again stelv! You are a great asset to this community.

Last edited:

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Ok I am not sure what is going on. Can u confirm that the phiremod beta2 zip file is 88.58 mb? Also there might be a problem because of going backwards in recovery but i dont think that is it. I fear that the battery might be getting low and u don't want that to happen in recovery. Try restoring a backup and charge battery. Let me know if it let's u restore a backup.

sent from my rooted nook color

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
armyjeffries, what is your current status? every detail?

-rom
-CWR version (internal and external)

nevermind: started reading a page back, you seem sorted now. Yes have trouble with CWR, just remove it to restore stock recovery.

KDOG

Dec 29, 2010
Ok ... SOMEHOW I got everything working. I kinda had to do a "ghetto" setup on it. I ended up completely uninstalling the youtube app, then re-flashing the ROM with the Froyo and gapps.zip one after the other then going to the market and re-downloading the youtube app. So my Gmail, the browser, the updated softkeys and the You Tube app all work - FOR NOW.

The music app still doesn't work (even Winamp) and none the pictures that are on the card show up in gallery. I haven't formatted the card yet. Should I?

KDOG

Dec 29, 2010
I also managed to download and install Flash 10.1 off the market. How can I test to see if it works properly?

EDIT: Got it. Just watched a Battle Los Angeles trailer on that m.flash.com site.

Last edited:

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
I get

EDIT: Got it figured out. It was still booting into clockwork, so I put remove-clockwork.zip on the sd card, and "installed" it. It removed the clockwork so it COULDN'T boot back into it, and rebooted. It WORKED!!! Had to boot off and back on before the rom would respond to touch, but seems to be working now.

So, is the built-in back button that was on CM7 part of gingy? or CM7. I kind of liked that. Anyway, making a backup like STAT, so I can get back here without this headache. I literally spent HOURS yesterday and today trying to get it. Hopefully I can get flash to work now, or I'll probably cry!

This is EXACTLY what happened to me last night. I used the same ROM, same CWR and saw the same errors and ended with the same result (i.e., booting into CWR) after carefully following the installation instructions. I am glad that you got it to work by removing CWR; I just didn't want to deal with it and went back to 2.1 from my backup.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
@armyjeffries thanks! I am glad everything is working. The back button on top is part of cm7 I believe. And if flash player doesn't work with phiremod just uninstall and reinstall a couple times

@kdog what rom are u using? Winamp and sdcard should show on froyo. I use astro to view sdcard contents.

@tenderidol I am not sure what is going on with new cwr and beta2. Yes I believe it doesn't like 3.0.0.6 and higher although it should work with 3.0.1. You will prolly have to uninstall cwr then reinstall the old 3.0.0.5 cwr. Then install phiremod beta2 using that.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

subudevil

Jan 24, 2012
I get

But How Did U Place That Zip File Into Your Sd Card....Plz Help Me Out !!!

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
Not sure what you are trying do do, ie; what .zip but you simply put the card in a reader on your PC and copy the .zip to the root.