downgrade from ics to honeycomb

danjones13

Apr 27, 2012
I have an A500 and it upgraded to ice cream sandwich yesterday. Why this upgrade fixed some minor issue and looks cool, it. Cause so many issues. Websites I visit all the time won't let me go to the desktop version or work at all. Flash does not load, and for the things it does work, it skips a lot. Apps I have don't work well know either. In the end, ics sucks. I want to go back to honeycomb until everything is worked out. Anyone know how to downgrade?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
To downgrade you will have to look at flashing, rooting and custom ROMs. If you can do these things for your device then you can flash back to a previous version. This is technical (if even available for your device) but not necessarily difficult. However, if you don't understand what you are doing and get help before you try doing what you don't understand there is the risk of bricking you device. Research and learn and then you may be able to go back (or better yet further forward since the dev communities are usually ahead of the curve).