download android 3.x to new tablet

beldingroad

Aug 31, 2011
I should add that I realize that this is not an upgrade, but a reflash. Also, I have a flytouch 3 tablet, NEC processor.

stevejets85

Aug 29, 2011
That's a single-core processor right? At the risk of giving you bad information but I believe Honeycomb is specifically designed for dual-core processors. There's a chance you can find a version to flash but I doubt it'll be worth it.

nelgrek

Aug 16, 2011
Agree. It's better to make sure that whether the tab supports Android 3.0 or higher. If the hardware is not powerful enough to support advanced OS, the upgrade couldn't be done. And your tab would not work any more.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
That's a single-core processor right? At the risk of giving you bad information but I believe Honeycomb is specifically designed for dual-core processors. There's a chance you can find a version to flash but I doubt it'll be worth it.

There is no dual-core requirement for honeycomb. The issue is google hadnt released homeycomb to the open source community. There was a peview version that some were able to create custom roms out of but they were mostly unstable and not a daily driver. So i am afraid if you want a stable device stick with froyo/gingerbread

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

beldingroad

Aug 31, 2011
thanks, so do you know of a site where I could find a version of gingerbread that would work with this computer?