Download movies

SL1CK0N3

Jul 23, 2011
Hi new to this had my transformer for a couple weeks now and was wondering where I could download movies? Please help.....

Sent from my Transformer TF101

SL1CK0N3

Jul 23, 2011
I was really hoping to download to take to work without wifi. Or in the car on trips etc. Thanks for the ideas. And to be honest what do you mean convert?
Also the link didn't work but I'll look in the market.

D

dvdcatalyst

And to be honest what do you mean convert?

If you want to download the movies and tv shows from archive.org, just long-press on an mp4 link, and you should have an option to download. Or visit the link on your computer, and rightclick on an MP4-link and select save as and copy it over.

For new movies, there are very few legal ways to obtain them. Google Movies can cache movies, so you don't need wifi, but other movie stores like iTunes and Amazon On Demand, or "Digital Copies" you get for "free" with some DVDs and Blurays, are wrapped in a form of DRM that isn't compatible with most Android devices.

Supposedly FOX is working on something for Android though:

Android to get 20th Century Fox movie downloads | TG Daily

So, the easiest way is to use your existing DVD collection, and convert the movies and shows you have to video files that can play on your Transformer.

Convert DVD to MP4 To play on Transformer???

sannu123

Aug 9, 2011
Hi guys,,,,,,There are very few legal ways to obtain them. Google Movies can cache movies, so you don't need wifi, but other movie stores like iTunes and Amazon On Demand, or "Digital Copies" you get for "free" with some DVDs and Blurays, are wrapped in a form of DRM that isn't compatible with most Android devices...

regards...
sannu

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Correct, But, DVDcatalyst is spot on by recommending Archive.org. These movies are a full range and can be downloaded for personal use. The common format to choose would be 512K MP4. The only complaint some will have is unless you demand DVD quality, most are slightly lower resolution. (similar to hi res You-Tube) But these are all movies which Copyright has expired and are public domain. They try to do their best to verify the movies presented are either CC compliant or Public domain.

Enjoy

Hi guys,,,,,,There are very few legal ways to obtain them. Google Movies can cache movies, so you don't need wifi, but other movie stores like iTunes and Amazon On Demand, or "Digital Copies" you get for "free" with some DVDs and Blurays, are wrapped in a form of DRM that isn't compatible with most Android devices...

regards...
sannu