Download Unsuccessful from Browser

herkyperky2

Mar 30, 2011
I have run into an issue whereas I attempt to download a .PDF file from a website, it starts the download process, then it shows download unsuccessful. I can access these files from my PC and I can download other .PDF files from other sites but these files on my Xoom is not working out. I have tried other browsers on my Xoom and get the same results. Mobile Apple devices can download from this site.

Help please.

Anyone? Any helpful suggestions?

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Gigawatt

Sep 10, 2011
I have run into an issue whereas I attempt to download a .PDF file from a website, it starts the download process, then it shows download unsuccessful. I can access these files from my PC and I can download other .PDF files from other sites but these files on my Xoom is not working out. I have tried other browsers on my Xoom and get the same results. Mobile Apple devices can download from this site.

Help please.

Anyone? Any helpful suggestions?

I have the same problem using the browser that came with the TF101. It seems to be happening with pdf's that are behind password protected sites. The pdfs would download fine with Android 3.0 that came stock, but since upgrading to Android 3.2 I get "download unsuccessful" with the very same pdf's.

I tried resetting the user data and that didn't help so it is fair to say it is a conflict with Android 3.2 and the Browser.

The only work around I have found was to use a different browser (Opera) which is disappointing because the standard one is much faster.

Did you find any other fix?

billcheng

Jan 12, 2012
I'm getting exactly the same problem with my Kindle Fire when accessing a PDF file from a password-protected web site that I setup myself (the PDF file is NOT encrypted). The left-top corner will show "Download unsuccessful". It works perfectly fine if I remove password protection! (I'm using the basic .htaccess password protection scheme. Nothing fancy.) The system version of the Kindle Fire is the latest, 6.2.1. So, looks like this bug is still around!