Download Unsuccessful from Browser

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by herkyperky2, Aug 25, 2011.

  1. herkyperky2

    herkyperky2 Member

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    60
    I have run into an issue whereas I attempt to download a .PDF file from a website, it starts the download process, then it shows download unsuccessful. I can access these files from my PC and I can download other .PDF files from other sites but these files on my Xoom is not working out. I have tried other browsers on my Xoom and get the same results. Mobile Apple devices can download from this site.

    Help please.

    Anyone? Any helpful suggestions?

    Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum
     
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  2. Gigawatt

    Gigawatt Member

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    60
    Tablet / Device:
    tf101
    I have the same problem using the browser that came with the TF101. It seems to be happening with pdf's that are behind password protected sites. The pdfs would download fine with Android 3.0 that came stock, but since upgrading to Android 3.2 I get "download unsuccessful" with the very same pdf's.

    I tried resetting the user data and that didn't help so it is fair to say it is a conflict with Android 3.2 and the Browser.

    The only work around I have found was to use a different browser (Opera) which is disappointing because the standard one is much faster.

    Did you find any other fix?
     
  3. billcheng

    billcheng Member

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    60
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    Tablet / Device:
    Kindle Fire
    I'm getting exactly the same problem with my Kindle Fire when accessing a PDF file from a password-protected web site that I setup myself (the PDF file is NOT encrypted). The left-top corner will show "Download unsuccessful". It works perfectly fine if I remove password protection! (I'm using the basic .htaccess password protection scheme. Nothing fancy.) The system version of the Kindle Fire is the latest, 6.2.1. So, looks like this bug is still around!
     

Share This Page

Search tags for this page
asus tablet download unsuccessful
,
download unsuccessful android browser
,
download unsuccessful kindle
,

download unsuccessful kindle fire

,
download unsuccessful kindle fire hd
,

download unsuccessful on kindle fire

,

kindle download unsuccessful

,

kindle fire download unsuccessful

,
kindle fire download unsuccessful pdf
,
kindle fire downloads unsuccessful
,
kindle fire hd download unsuccessful
,

kindle fire pdf download unsuccessful

,
kindle fire silk download unsuccessful
,
kindle pdf download unsuccessful
,
kindle silk download unsuccessful
,
nook pdf download unsuccessful
,

silk browser download unsuccessful

,

silk download unsuccessful

,
why are my downloads unsuccessful on kindle
,
why my kindle download unsucessful