download version of acer os

kentuckyrandy

Aug 5, 2011
is there a download of the original version of the acer a500 android v3 os? hopefully a 3.1, including all current updates. i know i can do a full restore via menu, but would like to have a copy, on sd or usb. then my next question would be how would you install it?

HD87

May 14, 2011
is there a download of the original version of the acer a500 android v3 os? hopefully a 3.1, including all current updates. i know i can do a full restore via menu, but would like to have a copy, on sd or usb. then my next question would be how would you install it?
To back up the original ROM, install 'Acer Recovery Installer' from the Market, open up &..

1. Install clockwork mod:
    • select "ClockworkMod Recovery rev1.3.4 by thor2002ro"
    • click "Install Recovery Image"
    • click "Yes" when asked to backup the current image!!!
  2. Reboot into CW recovery from the app or with VOL- & POWER
  3. Create a full backup: "backup and restore" -> "Full Backup"

Last edited:

kentuckyrandy

Aug 5, 2011
Thanks. i come from a pc hardware-software IT background. so there is not a copy of factory os (rom) available to download-install, and enter your s/n?

On acer download site, under documents, they have a large file, that after downloaded and unzipped, appears to be some kind of os. any idea what that is?

Last edited:

daveloves

Apr 1, 2012
wow i was just on google looking for the same thing after i just left here... Surprise it lead me right back here. Still looking.