Downloaded apps onto Nook Color

mindfungus

Feb 22, 2011
I have a new Nook Color, I have completed the autonooter process without a problem. I'm able to access my email through yahoo and gmail. I have access to the Android Market, and can even download apps (kind of).
I downloaded numerous free apps and even bought the Galactic core live wallpaper. However.
None of the apps that I have "downloaded" appear on my nook. I can only access the apps when connected to wifi and through the Market.
I have a feeling they are not downloaded, but I am totally lost as to how to get them to appear in my Extras folder.
Please help me install the apps correctly, and get them to show in my Extras folder.
thank you

mindfungus

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
try installing a home replacement like ADW or Zeam and look in the app drawer in the dock on the main screen.. they should be in there... if not try downloading them again and check the app drawer.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Just reboot. Apps installed from the market when you are running the stock Nook Color launcher require a reboot to show up in "Extras".

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Do both of the above. The apps will appear in the nook extras folder aftera reboot but to really enjoy the nook as an android tablet you need to get a launcher. Then the apps will show up as soon as they are installed in the app drawer (instead of rebooting everytime) and you can move them to your home screen or make them widgets on your home screen.