downloading apk

Mar 1, 2011
Everytime I try to download a apk on the nook, it says I need a sd card. Is this suppose to happen? Right now, Im running the latest phiremod and the installing non market app is checked. What else do I have to do? I've been researching and found now answer.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
assuming you do have an SD card inserted properly, go to settings, click on Storage, and click Mount SD

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
ideally you would have an SD card you can use for storage - you need it for titanium backup which is highly recommended for backing up your apps - the CWM you used for installing is i assume a bootable SD. If you can keep it that as is and use a separate SD card for storage - it would be great and would come in handy everytime you want to flash a new ROM.

Mar 1, 2011
So there is no way to install internally? Cause if i put the SD card in, it would always just boot into CWM.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
well if it comes off the market and it requires an SD card, off the top of my head i can't think of the work around. However if if is a download from a link or site, one way is to connect the nook to your pc via usb, download the apk to your pc and copy it to the nook internal storage. disconnect, download root explorer from the market (also try ES file explorer) and use that to navigate to the internal storage and once you see the file, select it and run the app (typically you would click on the app, then 'operations' then open

the other methods of transferring files without usb connection (using awesome drop or dropbox require an SD card)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
So there is no way to install internally? Cause if i put the SD card in, it would always just boot into CWM.

You can install CWM intrenally so that you don't have to use your card for only that purpose.