Downloading Pictures and Viewing Pictures on SD card

frieslander

May 18, 2011
I just bought my A500 tablet today. I am trying to find out how to download pictures from my Canon Digital Elp SD1400. I connected it and tried to view the contents of the camera with both the clear.fi and the 3D photo browser but they both state "No Media Present".

When I stick the SD card into an USB holder/reader I get the same message. What do I need to do here?

frieslander

May 18, 2011
Thanks for the reply. I have never had a tablet before and I am new to android also. There is a lot to learn.

Thanks again.

frieslander

May 18, 2011
Thanks for the encouragement, it is a real learning experience. I have a lot of experience in Winows systems, I am running Windows 7 and Vista on my home Pcs but android is like starting over. Once I know which way to go I am ok and will figure it out.

Thanks again.

PureDigital

May 12, 2011
After a few moments your camera will show up as usb_storage inside the /mnt folder, then you can use a file manager to copy the photos, if you are shooting in RAW you will be out of luck viewing them though. I use File Manager HD for this exact same purpose. Once they are on your device somewhere Gallery will eventually show them. But I recommend JustPictures, adding /mnt/usb_storage as a location.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

frieslander

May 18, 2011
PureDigital:

I installed Astro and did as you said but no luck. I then mounted the SD card in a mini reader and after a minute or so they showed up in the /mmt/usb_storage folder. So now I am happy!

PureDigital

May 12, 2011
You might have to change your cameras USB mode for it to show up on the tablet, try mass class storage

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum