Downloading & Transfer Digital Copy movies to Samsung Galaxy S3 via Mac OS

Discussion in 'Pavtube Software Studio' started by PavtubeVideo, Dec 7, 2012.

1. PavtubeVideo

PavtubeVideo Junior Member

The Samsung Galaxy S3 features a whopping 4.8-inch 720p-resolution display and a zippy dual-core processor. Besides surfing Internet and playing simple games, another popular usage among people is enjoying videos with the Android 4.0 based smartphone. Have you ever tried to transfer digital copy movies to Samsung Galaxy S3 for playing back? If so, I believe you must have done a meaningless job. Curious about why you can’t download a Blu-ray (or DVD) digital copy to Samsung Galaxy S3 for playing? Yeah, you’ve come to the right place. Digital copy play doesn’t stop there.

Why we can’t watch Digital Copy movies on Samsung Galaxy S3

This is simply the movie industry’s latest attempt to sugar coat DRM (Digital Rights Management) which locks down the video on the Digital Copy. It’s said that 20th Century Fox is aiming to change all that and will be bringing digital copy downloads to Android. But I didn’t hear much about it. As far as I know, the Android devices have not get a license to play DRM contents, which means Digital Copy movies will not even play on the new-brand Samsung Galaxy S3.

What if any Digital Copy Movies work on the Samsung Galaxy S3?

In order to bring Digital Copy downloads to Samsung Galaxy S3 for playing back, you’ll need to strip DRM from Digital Copy movies and convert Digital Copy to Galaxy S3 supported video formats. There are many programs out there that allow you make digital copies out of DRM-protected contents. If you are interested in doing likewise, check out Pavtube’s ChewTune for Mac, a top Digital Copy Converter for Android which can handle Digital Copy DRM-restricted movies, iTunes DRM-protected videos and Windows Media DRM contents for almost all popular Android-based Tablets and smartphones. I’ve found the output quality to be excellent, and see no difference when compared to playing the digital copy themselves.

Download the App

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Preparations for using Mac Digital Copy Converter for Samsung Galaxy S3:

1. Set iTunes not to remember playback position.
    2. Set iTunes to 32bit if you are running Mac OS X Lion.
    3. Run the program and type in password of your Mac account as it requires.

The process is straightforward and the software works like most other DRM removal software I’ve used. After dragging and dropping the Digital Copy movie from Mac iTunes to the program, select a mp4 format to transcode to. Just click “Format” bar and choose “Samsung > Samsung Galaxy S II (I9100) (*.mp4)”. The profile is specially designed for Galaxy S2 but also works for the S3. Finally, start the conversion.

[​IMG]

PS: For watching videos on the Android-based phone, 720p with 1500~2000kbps is just all right. I find the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution. Below is the best format settings for Galaxy S3 per my experience:

Video Codec- H.264 Resolution- 1280×720 (HD) Bitrate- 1500/2000kbps Framerate- 25fps
    Audio Codec- AAC Sampling rate- 44.1khz Bitrate- 128kbps Channel- stereo

[​IMG]

Once the conversion completes, you can download and transfer the DRM-free Digital Copy movies to Samsung Galaxy S3 for playing back with ease.
    Not an Samsung Galaxy S3 user? The DRM Converter also supports almost all multimedia devices, so you should be able to create files compatible with your Asus Transformer Prime, Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy Tab, PlayBook, HP TouchPad, Acer Icnoia Tab A700, HTC One X and more.

If your movie isn't already in one of the Galaxy S3 supported formats or it's still on a DVD or a Blu-ray, you can get the 20% OFF DISCOUNT Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate (or the 20% OFF iMedia Converter Mac)which can help you rip Blu-ray/DVD, and convert various formats of 720p/1080p HD videos in MKV, AVI, TiVo, VOB, MPG, MTS, etc. to your Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1/7.0 and other Android os tablets/phones for smoothly playing.