Draining battery Samsung Galaxy tab

Misak

Sep 10, 2012
Hi, I've recently bought refurbished Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 - SGH-I957, 16 GB. Tablet works fine, but baterry is draining prety fast. Worst is, that baterry goes down even in sleep mode. So every morning instead of using, I am charging :( I have no sim card inside,so I turned tablet to Airplane mode, turn on option "turn off wifi when screen turns off", I have tried reset tablet to factory default and still no progress with batery aprovement. Any ideas someone? Thank you

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Misak, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Try turning the brightness of your screen down as much as practical. Also, I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 section for you, to see if the folks who have that tablet have any other suggestions. Good luck!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
On the Google Store there is an app called Auto Airplane Mode, (by DON). That will solve the battery drain while sleeping issue. The 3 things that use the most power are screen, WiFi and blue tooth, If blue tooth is on that will suck it down pretty quickly. Also some active widgets like weather widgets that are constantly checking for updates will hurt.

Misak

Sep 10, 2012
Thank you for quick response, I have installed Auto Airplane Mode switch device to sleep mode for less than 2 hours and missing more than 10% of baterry :( In menu Settings-About-Batery use is more than 50 percent for "cell standby" I don't know what to do :( I am thinking about giving device back to seller.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If it's draining that quickly in sleep mode and 50% standby I do think you have an issue that warrants replacement.

Misak

Sep 10, 2012
No, it's running android 3.2 honeycomb.I957UJC7. Every morning when it is'nt connected to charger, device is hot and battery almost empty. No strange spplication is installed, so it has to be something with hardware, or bat setting :(

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I have honeycomb on my Galaxy 8.9" as well and I'm very pleased with the battery performance of this tablet. Yours must be defective, you should change it, since you still can.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I agree, I've had a number of Samsung devices, right now both the 7 plus and Note 10.1 and one of the things that has always impressed mis the standby time while sleeping. I had my 7 plus sitting for over a week and I was concerned when I woke it but not only was it fine but it had 68% left on the battery, and I know it wasn't completely charged when I had left it sleeping. It was in airplane mode though.

Sent from my Gibson using Tapatalk for Heavy Metal