Drivers to Enable ADB and USB File Transfer?

GameYey

Nov 23, 2013
I just got a cheap IRulu 9.7" tablet, when i connect it with usb it charges, but i am not seeing any notification to enable file transfers, and adb/usb debugging doesn't work.
I probably need drivers for windows 8 to recognize it, but irulu.net/irulu.com is obviously down, so where can i find these drivers?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Does your computer not even recognize you plugged it in? If so, try some other USB ports. The computer should at least acknowledge it before going any further.

GameYey

Nov 23, 2013
yup, first post, thank you!
I am also a developer, so i'll be sticking around the forum posting a bit about my projects if that's okey.
I just got the tablet yesterday, mainly to test my apps with a different android version and screen size, so it's very important that i actually get to use it for development.
edit: i managed to connect adb using the wifi adb app :) but it would be nice to just connect using usb too.

Nothing seems to happen when i plug it in other than that the tablet's battery is charging.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I can see where USB connectivity would be a plus. It's rarely an issue with the tablet based on your description. It could be the cable but to be honest some systems, for various reasons, just don't seem to be able to get connected. Wish I could be more help. You might want to test another PC to see if the tablet is defective.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Hope you find your drivers, but worst case you can build your own. use usbview to get the vendor id. Then modify your win_usb.ini file to reflect that id.

here is a template for the win_usb.ini

# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.
0x16d5

replace the 0x16d5 with your device id

You mentioned another tablet. If you have the drivers installed for that device, you will have a .android directory the win_usb.ini goes in that .android directory.

Another check, open device manager and look for devices.

Thats the outline.

Last edited: