Droid 3.2.1 Gmail no longer suggests email addys

Klingercrazy

Dec 7, 2011
Anyone else solved this issue, Im thining I have just missed a setting or something. Clicking on "to: cc: bcc:" does nothing. Starting typing in an addy used to bring up suggested recipient but no longer does. I find I relied on it in past and don't know email addys so this feature is a must to have back. Many thanks in advance!

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
Klinger I will check it when I get home. I have not used my Gmail to send anything since the update all I have done is read emails.

Jim

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
Just got home my cc and bc work and it also gives me suggestions as I type. Not sure as far as settings since I didn't change or do anything except open my gmail app and start a new email. I did have to hit the cc bc to get the fields to show but other than that worked exactly the same as it did prior to HC.

Sorry not much help. Jim

szej3860

Nov 22, 2011
@rsk, this worked! That is for email addresses. But not for any groups that are setup. Anyone know why groups will not populate as you start typing in the recipient field the same any other email address will populate?

Klingercrazy

Dec 7, 2011
Rsk thanks that works... But don't understand need to even use android email client (envelope with "@" ) when there is a GMAIL mobile email client as well (envelope with red "M" that worked before upgrade). Thanks for fix tho!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Rsk thanks that works... But don't understand need to even use android email client (envelope with "@" ) when there is a GMAIL mobile email client as well (envelope with red "M" that worked before upgrade). Thanks for fix tho!

You use the @ envelope for non-gmail accounts (Yahoo, aol, Hotmail) and the M just for gmail. It is silly but since it is Google's OS they decided they want to have their own dedicated icon. Of course you don't have to do it that way and can add gmail to the @ one and have a combined email app for all your accounts without having to use the gmail specific icon.