DroidTv and & other TV/Movie Apps

Mdwills3521

Dec 30, 2010
I installed DroidTV yesterday and found out they have Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart, Community, Parks & Recreation, Jimmy Fallon, & many others. Shows like Family Guy & The Office require subscription. The quality is 480p it fits the screen well though. It takes a couple of hours to download it though and the tablet must have at least 50% battery. It also records all future episodes.

I plan on trying playon when we're upgraded to 2.2. Have any of y'all tried this before? Is it worth it?

Does anyone else have anymore apps to view tv or movies that works w/ the s7 right now?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Sounds good, but I probably wont subscribe to anything...

I use cifs to stream videos to my S7 from a Windows desktop computer. The only TV app I have is Al Jazeera.

Mdwills3521

Dec 30, 2010
Sounds good, but I probably wont subscribe to anything...

I use cifs to stream videos to my S7 from a Windows desktop computer. The only TV app I have is Al Jazeera.

What is a cif? Playon also lets you use nettlix and hulu.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
I use the app TV Shows, has a lot off current and older shows that stream to your tablet. I have used it on my X in the past with 3G without any issue. Another one I have is Droid Streamer (the free version) this one is OK, not as many options as TV Shows, but has some movies, all though broken up in different segments.

Update:
I just checked the market and TV Shows is not called TV Now (lite). I think I am on an old version that works and it was free.

Last edited: