Drool

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Last month Acer revealed the A200, which is a 10.1 inch tab that is cheaper than the A500, but apparently missing the rear camera.

This month at CES they revealed the A700 a QUAD CORE 1.3GHz, with Ice Cream Sandwich. Not only can it play back 1080p just like our A500, but it can record at the same resolution and quality.

There are pictures and a video on The Verge and it looks pretty nice. Gone is the odd-ball charger. There is only a usb port on the bottom, maybe for docking??? and charging (at least I'm guessing thats why the port is on the bottom edge. A dock would be nice!!!)

Watch the movie, and see if you can Identify the slot under in the compartment next to the microSD slot. It sort of look like a full size hdmi slot, but it might be an oddball full size USB slot combination with some other kind of slot. Maybe those plugs cover additional port options, such as 3G data cards or something.
There is also a chip exposed to the air in that compartment. Maybe they don't want a gps failure like the Asus transformer had.

$A700-ports.jpg

Nice looking devce.
$vs01-08_22-50-54x1020_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

ACER: Please don't release another useless microphone.

Last edited:

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
The one thing I like is that they put a rubber coating on the back so it isn't slippery, wish my a500 had this treatment.