Dropad A8 Android 2.3 WiFi Problem

LEONLAROSS

Nov 23, 2011
I'm a green horn on the forum sending my bottom-heart greetings to all of you from Russia with love and respect to your knowledge of high-tech devices that you possess.
The reason of my appearance here is as simple as that - I also became a fan-holder of an Dropad A8 Android 2.3 tablet, now seeking remedy from headache caused by failure of Wi-Fi connection.
Time and again I did all possible manipulations going to Settings – Wireless @Networks, pressing Wi-Fi until green “v” lights appeared mocking at me to disappear again with none of the Wi-Fi networks at range found.
My D-Link router is OK and proved by another tablet PC.
The problem is how to make a reset and restore factory Wi-Fi presets. I tried to reboot my tablet using factory data reset but all in vain.
Could you give me a hint to overcome the problem?
If a new firmware is of any help, please, tell me where from could I download a reliable version of Android 2.3? Thanks…

:confused:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Leon, welcome to Android Tablets and congratulations on your new tablet. Glad you decided to become a member of the forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having WiFi problems and I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Based section of the forum to see if anyone there can help you. I also noticed there's a thread there regarding new firmware for your tablet. I'd suggest you look at the existing threads in that section, you might find a lot of useful information.

Hokahonay

Dec 4, 2011
hi Leon
i have just bought a new Dropad A8 using honeycomb. Like you I am a newby and having the same problem with wifi i downloaded honeycomb from http://www.mediafire.com/?dmd62tulm0p3fkr and re-installed it but it didnt solve the problem. I am now having the A8 replaced by my supplier, let me know how you get on
cheers