Dropad A8/Haipad M7 - Samsung 7-in Cortex A8 Capacitive iPhone 4

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Compared to the NC, it will initially cost the same (right now it costs MORE), with the exception of a buggy firmware, lower quality display, lower quality touchscreen, and lesser build quality. I expect it to average below $200USD as the price stabilizes and people come to their senses.

On the plus side, HDMI, Android 2.2, USB host, front camera

DavCar

Jan 26, 2011
One thing I've noticed is that none of these models seem to have bluetooth. That's a deal breaker for me.

@yeyeom - that apad A8 is also a resistive screen.

RobMtl007

Jan 15, 2011
The Dropad A8 began selling on PandaWill Website for $269.00 free shipping.

If anyone has found a better price out there it would great if you post it here.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Pandawill usually sells pretty cheap. So it probably is an expensive tablet.

wertigos

Sep 3, 2010
capacitive screen on chinese pad is ... nonsense
also as newest cpu like a tegra.

or branded hardware+soft+etc=price...

it is true?

i tap to chinese pad and cry, tap and say for motherf******devlooper, tap &

Last edited:

RobMtl007

Jan 15, 2011
Looks like its the start of Chinese new year and the Sales have already begun.

I have found a price of $249.99 minus 10% off or $224.99 for the Dropad A8.
Anyone has found anything better than this.
Regards Robert

RobMtl007

Jan 15, 2011
Greetings Cider101:

You are correct the $224.99 has shipping to be added on to.
But a 2gig micro SD card is included.
With a one year warranty

As for your price of $235 is shipping with DHL?
That would be the best price till now, although I've been burnt with Aliexpress and I swore I wouldn't do business
with them again.
Also Cider101, how do you get warranty service from this company if something goes wrong with the the Tablet.
Do you have a returning address, it took me 1 month to get a returning address from a company on Aliexpress.
It is very true Aliexpress suppliers offers the best price, but its a huge gamble for warranty service.

cider101

Jan 17, 2011
Hi Robert

sorry for my limited english...

the 235$ shipping is with china air mail. The cheapest shipping with dhl or similar i found was about 245$. But then again, we are back to the warranty/service-question if anything goes wrong. If i would/will take the risk depends heavely on the price of the unit and on how much i can save compared to other online-shops (i wouldn't do it to save just 10 or 20 bucks). But then, while reading the threads about the other online shops here... i'm not sure, wether there is a big difference in that matter ;)
My limit is about 150$. Why ? Because if the unit failes, i believe it's to much trouble to send it back to china. If it costs more, and we are comming close to, say 50% of the price of an ipad, then I would be happy to spend the other 50% as well to get an excelent hardware, service and years of support and system upgrades...

RobMtl007

Jan 15, 2011
Hi Cider101:
Interesting idea you have in buying this Dropad A8 from AliExpress.
For me a well known Online store is more secure and I'm sure I'll get a solid one year warranty.

I have found a Youtube video from someone in Japan who actually opened the Dropad A8 and you can see the insides.
He goes to say that with Wifi, battery life lasts about 8 hours that is very good.
In the video he points to a circut he calls a serial bus stating that maybe in the future this Tablet may have
BlueTooth.
Enjoy the video its really worth it:

Last edited by a moderator:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Hm...

He does a software review. The firmware isn't good, but the hardware has potential and is better than most other ones out there. G-sensor doesn't work properly, and with these Chinese tablets often is never fixed from factory. MAC address switches every time you turn it on. I would be really uncomfortable with recommending this device overall...

Should be a better branded version soon... Or at least one that isn't generic...

Extremely tempting for European and Canadian markets though.

His software review is more interesting. Japanese though.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobMtl007

Jan 15, 2011
Hi Xaueious:
I'm curious to know why you think this Dropad A8 is Extremely tempting for European and Canadian markets?

Regards Robert