Dropad A8/Haipad M7 - Samsung 7-in Cortex A8 Capacitive iPhone 4

matthew2582

Jun 29, 2010
Because we don't have the awesome Nook Color, and the next one up is the Archos 70 at $300 before taxes

We had the Archos 70 - kinda slow, not very well built, rather buggy. Replaced it with the eLocity A7 Tegra 2 which is blazing fast - far faster than iPad (which we also own) - multi-touch is limited but works adequately.

RobMtl007

Jan 15, 2011
I surely hope that the Dropad A8 would get Android 3.0 Honeycomb.

On a different subject, its seems Dropad A8 goes under different names, lets start with HeroTab C8, and HaiPad M7,

and breaking news under the name Apad M7009.

So I would like to ask someone, will the real Dropad A8 please stand up.

Which one will sell the most?

Regards Robert

RobMtl007

Jan 15, 2011
Greetings Cider101:
From all the Online stores and Google searchs that I found about the Apad M7009, they all describe it as a carbon
copy of the Dropad A8.
Unless some of these online stores would like to describe something in one way but then ship you something else, would be a good way to loose customers.
Could it be possible that the company behind Apad has ordered a large order from the manufacture of the Dropad and
are now selling it at very good price under the name Apad M7009?
Regards Robert

JimmyPelican

Oct 16, 2010
I was thinking of picking this up but decided to go with the Samsung Galaxy.
I know it cost a little more than the Dropad.
My thinking was, hopefully there will be better support and firmware updates with the galaxy.

kamisan

Feb 24, 2011
Just got the pandawill dropad A8/D10 1ghz samsung chip, 512MB, 4GB internal, $249 was sales price, took a while to get, it is fast, works well, had another Gmail account already in it (had to factory wipe to remove) WIFI reception is poor, my droid1 sees my wifi and connect, my dropad must be closer to the transmitter to connect. It is fast, video playback is smooth, flash works, market works, not all apps show up but the ones I have saved to my pc installed fine. no problems with capacitive screen, I bought it for my wife, she loves it except the weak wifi reception. It shows 3g available in settings wit all sorts of CDMA settings though I thought it did not have 3g built in. The gmail account I think was pandawills way to get some paid apps on it. Worth the wait and the money though.
Can root it yet, tried z4 and a bunch of other one click roots, will try ADB once I can find a device driver for my pc. USB storage works but nothing more.

5star

Feb 27, 2011
Just got back from Hong Kong and see there is another "copy" on the market. Grandtab G400. it appears identical to the others discussed here but has 8GB built in memory. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
pity none of these will accept a SIMM card like the Cherry or Galaxy instead to having to use a 3G dongle and adapter.
lastly but not least cost USD270.00

ecargoonline

Dec 16, 2010

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
jepp the first tests i have seen on youtube are impresive.
It is also available as 'Haipad M7' or 'a819' if i am not misstaken.
The operating system seems to reside on a Micro SD card, that can be changed not a NAND chip but the backside is glued shut.
I have seen it on Aliexpress for ~210$ including shipping.
A problem of this device is said to be that the MAC changes each time you activate WLAN and that the Flashplayer plugin slows it down quite a bit.

Be aware that there is a Telechips version in the same casing, also with capacitive screen out there!

Last edited:

5star

Feb 27, 2011
Loonix,
I am a bit of a simpleton at these things, but what is the problem with the MAC changing each time you activate WLAN. Does it mean you have to reinput all passwords etc?
Appreciate advice/help.
regards
jepp the first tests i have seen on youtube are impresive.
It is also available as 'Haipad M7' or 'a819' if i am not misstaken.
The operating system seems to reside on a Micro SD card, that can be changed not a NAND chip but the backside is glued shut.
I have seen it on Aliexpress for ~210$ including shipping.
A problem of this device is said to be that the MAC changes each time you activate WLAN and that the Flashplayer plugin slows it down quite a bit.

Be aware that there is a Telechips version in the same casing, also with capacitive screen out there!