Dropad A8/Haipad M7 - Samsung 7-in Cortex A8 Capacitive iPhone 4

Jester

Apr 3, 2011
Is 40,- Euro to expansive.... !!!!

I bought based on the fact that i have bought from them before and the 2 year warranty. I trust them. I've been buying wholesale from them for a while now, im not going to say which products as i sell on ebay and dont have any competition yet. UK to UK so no VAT.

I'd rather spend a bit extra and get what i paid for. I've been scammed before with inferior products, so i always think twice and buy not only on price. Maybe small gadgets i'll buy from DealExtreme.

Anyway, it should be arriving next week hopefully! I've read somewhere that there are problems with the touchscreen??

nag2

Apr 2, 2011
has anyone been able to backup the internal micro sd card without having to open the tablet????

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Great thread folks.

I'm interested in this tablet and appreciate being able to read about it here.

Thanks!

asgranda

May 12, 2011
Ye, you have to look for an app called 'SuperOneClick', then you have to run this app on your pc with the dropad connected by usb and the drivers installed, you have to do a temporary root with this soft, close this app. And then you have to look for one of the various scripts that you can find to make a permanente root for your device. Remember taht your tablet is the same as Herotab C8, so you can look for root scripts for this model too.

Bye.

enotar

Jul 25, 2010
Name: enotar v2
  • base Gingerbread 2.3.1 607 with all BT, GPS, VPN settings.
  • wifi works great better reception and fast to connect.
  • fast..........................................................................
  • english.
  • location NY
  • remove chinese stuff and crap and add root explorer and contact.apk.
  • rooted (wait a little or reboot and you'll see the superuser dialog the first time for root explorer or for titanium backup;this last one is not installed,download from market; a little long the first time to gain root access but it will).
  • new su 2.3.6.1 and new 1.19 busybox.
  • chainfire 3d.
  • automatic partitions for 4, 8, 16gb with new larger space for applications, you dont need to decide which one.
  • appwidgetpicker installed.
  • density 200 but can be change in /sytem/build.prop after flashing and getting root access.
  • swapfile installed (256mb) but doesnt seams to work (looks kernel dont allow swapon).
  • swaped sdcard with extsd now sdcard is external and extsd internal.
  • batt.apk installed but the battery indicator works apparently. I decide to keep batt.apk as I begin to like it.
  • Heapsize set to 48 instead of 32.
  • Rotation works 240° not 360°.
  • Flash player is not installed (use the one in Flash Player dir).
  • UTPlayer installed but maybe I remove it next version, I like MPlayer.
  • HDMI doesnt work for me (pixelized screen) but it never work before with gingerbread so I think this is my TV
  • Folder APK autoinstaller
surely some redundancy with MOD and internal Rom and need some cleaning but works perfect.
Thank you to keijames (albertdsh MOD) to lead the way with chainfire 3d and other mod stuff, partitions and rooting on 531, I tried to adapt as much as possible on this 607.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

As always just unpack the zip file and place as is to root of external SD Card.
Before flashing use folder APK to put all soft you need to be installed and you'll see these appear installed after flashing, great isnt it........

Last edited:

kristeltips66

Sep 25, 2010
I would mind this one because it uses bluetooth. But it's the battery life i need to know about. Also does it have the Market and not the Chinese version.

enotar

Jul 25, 2010
I would mind this one because it uses bluetooth. But it's the battery life i need to know about. Also does it have the Market and not the Chinese version.
Have market and no the chinese one
Battery life is great I have easely 6 to 7 hours using the tablet and a lot more in standby.
Give it a shot.......

BTW: v2.1 will be out this WE

enotar

Jul 25, 2010
enotar v2.1

(Donate Link at bottom of post)

Changelog

enotar v2 +

• Change density before flashing in 2nd line default.prop (very easy).
  • new superuser and su beta 3.0 (works excelent) + if you buy elite you have extra stuff. I love it........
  • new chainfire 3D english.
  • speed card access
  • sdcard and extsd still swaped as v2.0 but will look at symlink (I will release a version tomorow with no swaping for those who like that but if you use link2sd I think it will not work)
  • New flashplayer and maps in folder /sdcard/flashplayer+maps
  • I decide to opt for physical solution for volume button so ; no remap for now but will continue searching.

change, tell me what youd like to see in 2.2.

Swaped sdcard and extsd version:
    http://www.multiupload.com/EL8DQ90RIX
    Unswaped sdcard and extsd version: http://www.multiupload.com/6Q7D9WTXJ7
Upcoming 2.2
  • resolve the swap of sdcard and exsd
  • some honeycomb stuff.........
    rolleyes.gif
    or clone with different launcher, maybe Honeycomb or VTL(Honeycomb launcher is nice).
  • I'd like to have a push and hold "back" and "menu" for volume but that need a lot of extra knolwledge.
  • 360 rotate, not sure about this one but give it a try
  • opera maybe or firefox
    dry.gif
    i like opera
  • ram optimization
  • etc......
Donation Link if you try it and like it......
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...-DonationsBF:btn_donate_LG.gif:NonHostedGuest

Last edited:

secmar44

Jul 11, 2011
Hi. I have this one:
Haipad M7/Dropad A8 Samsung PV210 1Ghz Android 2.2 Tablet Capacitive Touch Screen Flash 10.1
Mid_Serials
Android 2.2
Kernel 2.6.32.9
Mid Serials #1130
Conpilation: Mid Serials 2.2 FRF9120110222.180107
The system was unestable, so I did put in the ext 4gb card Enotar v2.1​, Swaped version. After that, the tablet doesn´t works, only show the mid logo enotar 2.1 and then shut down. After that, I've tried some firmwares, seems upgrade, but after shotdown it shows the enotar logo and doesn´t starts. Anyone knows where download a firmware that runs in this tablet?
thanks in advance,
Alfonso

Last edited:

5star

Feb 27, 2011
I have just purchased a Grandmars G400, which is identical to the units covered here. its comes in 8G or 16G versions at a cost of US$200.00 for the 16Gb version.

Every thing works fine except when I attach a USB thumb drive, at which time I get a message Folder Empty.

Any directions as to how I can over come this? I currently transfer files to a micro SD card and use that interface.

thanks - 5*

ps: if I insert a USB card reader with photos their is no problem.

clusco

Jul 12, 2011
Hi all,

First of all, this is my 1st post in the forum, really great forum to get to know about tablets. I need an help, I got device Dropad A8 and what I did, I download mid703_android2.3_2011_04_19 and extracted it to internal sd and flashed it. I able to boot the device but not able to use the internal sd. I knew what's my mistake, I flashed it from internal sd... I should flash from external sd... my mistake.. :(

Does anyone could advice me what I need to do so that I could have back my internal SD. Anyone? Thanks very much....