DROPBOX UPDATE won't load

Norm202

Dec 26, 2012
Hardware: Nextbook Premium 8pse

Downloaded Dropbox using Amazon and/or SlideMe Market. App loads and installs. However, as I open it I get message that a newer update is available. Do I want to download? If I say yes I get an error:

X Application not installed
An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed.

If I uninstall the app then I can't get the update unless I re-install the original download. Of coarse the same loop begins again.

Any thoughts?

FiOS_Dan

Oct 20, 2012
What version are you able to install? Mine is 2.2.2 but I cannot recall when I updated it.

Norm202

Dec 26, 2012
Go to the Amazon app, tap the menu, to to myapps then updates. The signature error indicates it was downloaded from one vendor and you are trying to update it from another vendor.

Yes, you're correct. I deleted the Amazon download and install. loaded the SlideMe install. Works fine. The Amazon store is not compatible with the Nextbook. Therefor the update is not available. This brings up the next problem. Amozon store must be re-installed each time I power up the tablet. Does anybody have a work around for this?