Dropbox?

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Hi,
I've try 4 times to upload some videos to my dropbox from my A500. It keep telling me the upload failed and doesn't give a reason why.
The videos are roughly 1min & 2:20min and are in the .3pg formatt the A500 takes them in.

Do I need to convert them or are they too long?

Thanx.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Could you explain how you are trying to upload them?

My suggestion, because of the way DropBox works on Android, would be to copy them to your DropBox folder on your PC. They will automatically sync with what's available on your tablet.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I usually use ES File Explorer to deal with dropbox and box, it allows upload and download of folders and multiple files and I've never had a problem. Of course I prefer to manually sync files I need to share between devices.

Sent from my Tablet like device running Android

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Could you explain how you are trying to upload them?

My suggestion, because of the way DropBox works on Android, would be to copy them to your DropBox folder on your PC. They will automatically sync with what's available on your tablet.
I'm going into dropbox, choosing the pics & videos I want to upload and doing that. It uploads the pics, but fails on the videos. I'm new to dropbox and trying to get a feel as to whether or not I want to use it. It seems counterproductive to get the files off by other means to only add them back.
However, am I understanding Tom T correctly that I can just use to ES File Explorer? Is it a simple copy&paste move?
Thanx

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I haven't used DropBox from the tablet I use it to access items from the tablet that I put there using my PC but as has been pointed out ES File Explorer works.

In the case of the files being in the cloud, a copy/paste or cut/paste would would work but then you would need to be connected to access the files if you did the cut. Best stick with the copy/paste unless you have a storage apace problem.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Even easier with ES File Explorer, just long press a single file or select multiple files and use copy to, and choose the destination such as a folder on your device or if uploading a folder in your dropbox account and you are good to go. With ES you can create new folders in your box or dropbox accounts as well, and it deals effectively with the new security protocols of dropbox.

Sent from my Tablet like device running Android

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I'm going into dropbox, choosing the pics & videos I want to upload and doing that. It uploads the pics, but fails on the videos. I'm new to dropbox and trying to get a feel as to whether or not I want to use it. It seems counterproductive to get the files off by other means to only add them back.
However, am I understanding Tom T correctly that I can just use to ES File Explorer? Is it a simple copy&paste move?
Thanx

I've been using DROPBOX for the last 2 weeks and I haven't had a problem. In the beginning I had problems trying to figure out how to add and get stuff off drop box - once I sorted that out it has been good.

Simply select the file, copy using one of the file managers, then paste or drop into the box. It will automatically sync the data to all devices registered to the drop box account. It works for me.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
OK, so I guess my problem was that videos were on the external SD. I can move things (but videos) directly via the Dropbox app from the external. However, it seems that if I'm using ES File Explorer, it will only move files into Dropbox from the internal SD card.

Also, it took over an hour for a 2 minute .mp4 and over 30 minutes for a 21 second .3pg to upload, is that normal?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
OK, so I guess my problem was that videos were on the external SD. I can move things (but videos) directly via the Dropbox app from the external. However, it seems that if I'm using ES File Explorer, it will only move files into Dropbox from the internal SD card.

Also, it took over an hour for a 2 minute .mp4 and over 30 minutes for a 21 second .3pg to upload, is that normal?

On the first item obviously you can just move the files to internal memory. It would be nice if you didn't need to go that route but the external memory on many Android tablets is recognized by different names so many apps have issues seeing it as local storage.

On the transfer time, that does seem very long. But the minutes and seconds for transferring a file mean more based on the size of the file than the run time. I would browse to Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and test the speed of your connection from the tablet. I have some tips for getting better WiFi performance in one of the links below.