Dropped my tab

SL1CK0N3

Jul 23, 2011
Dropped My tf and now the right side is a little wobbly. Kinda seems a little detached any thing I can do to fix this? Or would best buy honor their protection plan for this? I've heard they rarely honor it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
It should just snap together again if it is just the bezel. The bezel is only screwed together at the bottom of the tablet with 2 Torx screws.

SL1CK0N3

Jul 23, 2011
It's more like the screen is loose from the speaker.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I guess I would try to return it, not sure what is covered by their policy, but it is worth a shot.

SL1CK0N3

Jul 23, 2011
Well when I purchased they said if my two year old poured milk on it and it stopped working they would replace or fix it

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
They will offer to send it in for repair but I would insist they replace it on the spot. If you get any resistence ask to talk to the store manager, they will replace it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

SL1CK0N3

Jul 23, 2011
might be tough I'm not usually very demanding. But I don't think I can go tabless

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
might be tough I'm not usually very demanding. But I don't think I can go tabless

I understand your reluctance, but you don't have to be confrontational at all, just explain to the person you first talk to that you were told that this type of occurence was covered and your tablet would be replaced. If they are hesitent then politely ask to talk to the store manager. He/she will be very polite, just state your expectations firmly and they will exchange the unit. Seriously, no trauma.

SL1CK0N3

Jul 23, 2011
Would go try today but my receipt is 200 miles away

SL1CK0N3

Jul 23, 2011
Sweet I wasnt sure if i had to have my receipt or not. And last question do you think they will replace the invisi-sheild ?

jseah

Nov 21, 2011
Best Buy won't replace the invisi-shield. If they replace your tablet, you'll have to buy a new one. If they repair your tablet, then it will still have the invisi-shield on it.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Likely if you contact Zagg they will send you a new one, they are a great company to deal with, although you pay a bit of a premium for their products.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Backstory: once upon a time, there was a Visa commercial where a guy drives home a giant Pink Panther doll (or at least that's how I remember it) and accidentally beheads it as it sticks out the top of the car (sunroof...or was it a convertible?).

The point? Visa offers 90-day accident protection on their purchases. Not sure what all the limitations are, but it's worth looking if the OP (or anyone) happens to own the card. In my case, I have an Amazon Visa and I checked the back -- it appears to be a "signature" card which is one of the types that's covered:

Purchase Security | Personal | Visa USA

-Matt