Dropped Vtab, need the "audio board".

supra90mkiii

Dec 13, 2011
So I dropped my girlfriend's Vtab... thought that it was all still intact, but no. No audio. took it apart and found the head phone jack broken off the audio board. Anyone have a lead on how to get parts??? I found one website (impactcomputers), who claimed to have it, but they canceled my order because it was actually on indefinite back order. Tried asking Vizio, no help there. Wondering if my only hope is to find a "for parts" one on ebay. Part number on the board is 95.0531T00 LF

Thanks.

supra90mkiii

Dec 13, 2011
I can solder, but the tab that you would normally solder the jack onto has been ripped off, don't think it's possible to get that to work.

Weatherford

Mar 17, 2012
So I dropped my girlfriend's Vtab... thought that it was all still intact, but no. No audio. took it apart and found the head phone jack broken off the audio board. Anyone have a lead on how to get parts??? I found one website (impactcomputers), who claimed to have it, but they canceled my order because it was actually on indefinite back order. Tried asking Vizio, no help there. Wondering if my only hope is to find a "for parts" one on ebay. Part number on the board is 95.0531T00 LF

Thanks.

Someone just brought me a Vtab with the exact same problem.(dropped, headphone jack ripped out, no sound)
If you can live without the headphone jack, there is an easy fix.
The two damaged solder connections furthest from the hole can be bridged. I soldered a small peice of wire across these two points and regained sound on the device.

If you dicide to do this: Bend the wire into a U shape. Tin the wire ends. Press the wire ends to the solder points. Then, apply heat.
This worked great for me.

P.S. You can bridge the points with a paperclip to verify you have the right two. You have to do this with all three cables plugged in. When you are on them you will hear sound. Do not try to use the paper clip permanently. Use a small copper electrical wire.

GOOD LUCK !!!

Deadlock76

Sep 11, 2012
For anyone else looking into fixing their headphone jack port, and you can live without the headphones. I found the statement "furthest from the hole" confusing. The holes are numbered and it is hole 2 & 4 that need to be bridged. I have attached a photo to clarify. $vtab.JPG