dual boot?

mmar141

Mar 23, 2011
It took me a while but I finally decided to take the plunge and root my nook. I wanted to go with phiremod but would like to also retain a stock nook operating system as well. Can anyone point me in the correct direction for a dual booting system?

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
hey mate, phiremod isnt available in a dual bootable rom. with your stock nook in internal memory, these are the OS' you can dual boot:
- honeycomb : awesome gui but very laggy. supports flash and hardware decoding for videos. (runs ted t from market which requires hardware decoding)
- cm7 - runs gingerbread. very smooth, also has a bit of bluetooth working and flash. no hardware decoding for videos though.
- nookie froyo - runs smooth but not as stable as cm7 but supports both flash and hardware decoding. better than honeycomb if u want to use as a daily driver. but hard to choose between cm7 and nookie. depends on whether you prefer hardware decoding or a half functional bluetooth.

flash the dual boot file using clockwork mod. then flash the dual boot rom you want.
[ROM] Flashable eMMC dual boot ROMs (Froyo, Honeycomb, Eclair, CM7) - xda-developers

if u have clockwork mod installed on emmc, u should be able to install the dual boot partition and rom without problems. if u r using clockwork mod off a sd card, see this post
xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] Flashable eMMC dual boot ROMs (Froyo, Honeycomb, Eclair, CM7)

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Not true.

I am running Phiremod v2 Beta and rooted B&N 1.1 dual booted.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
The trick to this is to move the B&N ROM to the secondary boot position, then you install phiremod on the primary boot location like you would normally.

I don't know about installing a ext4 ROM dual booting with a ext3 ROM...but since I am running v2 beta, I don't have to worry about that.

Check my discussion in the technical forums HERE for thoughts, issues, and workarounds.