Dumb question - Google Talk

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Hi ALL,

When I first got the Acer, I downloaded and installed Skype. But it kept on crashing and overall did not work well and I saw others with the same problem. So I uninstalled it.

Now I keep seeing references to Google Talk, which I assume is something like Skype. But how do I get it on the Acer? Is it already there but I can't find it? I've searched for in in the Marketplace but nothing comes up. But I read posts where people are using it.

How do I get it???

Gerry

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Google Talk is already on your tablet.
It is essential for the Android Market. If you can get to the Market, then you already have google talk.

Look in the app drawer on the tablet. Apps are listed in alphabetic order, which means Talk is almost always on the last page.

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Google Talk is already on your tablet.
It is essential for the Android Market. If you can get to the Market, then you already have google talk.

Look in the app drawer on the tablet. Apps are listed in alphabetic order, which means Talk is almost always on the last page.

Duh!!! Of course its there!!!! It was staring me in the face.

Does Google talk have the capability to call a regular phone like Skype does. If not is there any app like Skype that can call a phone, but that works correctly?

Thanks,
Gerry