Duplicate and disappearing icons

h.rule

May 30, 2011
Hi everyone

I have 3 screens on my Galaxy Tab - the Home screen and two others.

Last week I decided to rearrange the icons on screen 2, and when I dragged one of them off it's spot, there was an identical one below it! This was the case for all of them - I deleted all the duplicates and none of them have returned.

The following problem however keeps happening: two days ago I set up some new icons on screen 3. I dragged one from the Home screen and created icons for 3 others directly on screen 3 by long press->Add To Screen->Application. Yesterday morning I noticed that the icon I had dragged from the Home screen to screen 3 had returned to the Home screen, and the others on screen 3 had gone - screen 3 was blank. I re-did them, but last night I noticed the same thing. Again I re-did them and again this morning I saw the same thing again.

Any ideas? I'm using a Galaxy Tab (Android 2.2 Froyo) and Go Launcher. None of the Apps are on the SD card and I've been using Go Launcher without any problems for about 4 or 5 months.

Thanks.

h.rule

May 30, 2011
Replying to my own thread with some further info.

I noticed late last night that the icons disappear when the screen is rotated. If I create new icons or move them from another screen they are fine until I rotate the device, which causes the screen orientation to change. When this happens, they disappear.

This is repeatable and happens every time.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Replying to my own thread with some further info.

I noticed late last night that the icons disappear when the screen is rotated. If I create new icons or move them from another screen they are fine until I rotate the device, which causes the screen orientation to change. When this happens, they disappear.

This is repeatable and happens every time.

Only thing I can think of is that go launcher recently updated and borked itself as far as the tab interface is concerned. You might want to try going back to the stock launcher to see if it behaves similarly, indicating a possible problem with your tab's OS. If the stock launcher behaves itself, then that might point to a go launcher issue (l.e, my recent update theory). Good luck.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I don't have experience with go launcher but I did have a similar problem some time back with a launcher that allowed you to set the rows and columns of portrait and landscape individually. The app icons that fit my landscape config didn't fit my portrait config, and after rotation from one to the other and back seemed to lose the layout and some app icons in the process. Probably no help but sounds familiar.

Last edited: