DVD to iPad issue - Chapters play in wrong order

Maical

Jul 5, 2012
I have been using Handbrake for a while now. It has worked great except for a few times. I just ripped a DVD movie and tried playing it with iPad 3. They chapters are out of order. I looked back in my library and found several others that have done the same thing.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Doreen71

Aug 17, 2012
I can say that Handbrake is the best freeware I ever used to rip DVD to my iPad 3. But sometimes it will also let me down. Sometimes my DVDs were ripped with the same order problem, that makes me to check other programs out. I have ever tried DVD shrink, it’s also a freeware, it does the same thing. One friend of mine recommends me to try out the Pavtube DVD ripper, it saves me!! Pavtube DVD ripper will recognize the main movie as one file, there is no wrong order problem any more. I will keep using Handbrake as it will allow me to keep CC, Pavtube DVD ripper will be recommend as the best Handbrake alternative when there is problem. Hope it helps you.

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Maical said:
I have been using Handbrake for a while now. It has worked great except for a few times. I just ripped a DVD movie and tried playing it with iPad 3. They chapters are out of order. I looked back in my library and found several others that have done the same thing.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

I use a programme called ANY DVD which decrypts the data,& I have an external Pioneer blu ray reader/ writer connected up to my laptop,I also then connect up an external hard drive to rip the data to,I then connect up this hard drive to a WD media player connected up to my TV via a hdmi cable and watch the data ripped to the hard drive in full 1080p resolution and full dts sound.
If you can be bothered you can then download a programme called image burn which allows you to burn the data you have ripped to hard drive to disc,but be a little wary of this as if you are burning to blu ray discs a mistake can be a little expensive given the price of 50gb blu ray blank discs,so I would try a few ordinary dvd's until you get the hang of it,then it becomes easy (even for a useless computer user like me)
I have used numerous programmes to rip and burn but without doubt have found ANY DVD for ripping,and ImgBurn for burning the best and easiest programmes to use.
I think you would need a fair size processor on your computer to run these programmes,but give it a trial as If the ipad has a processor big enough to do it it should be easy,just remember if you are ripping a blu ray to an internal drive that a blue ray can take up to 50gb of space,so you wont have much room left on your drive (if any).

igg