E-books

1Ladyhdrider

May 7, 2012
I would like to delete e books I have read. I don't want to lend them. I can not find instructions in my user manual. I tried looking at the details but there was no remove option.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Not sure what device you are using or what reader software but you should basically be able to use a file explorer, either the one that came with your device or another (I prefer the free ES File explorer) and navigate to the folder where the book files are stored, usually mnt/sdcard/books, and delete the file there. Hope that works for you.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
I have found that most of the e-books remove themselves from the device once I have read them. To check to see what is actually on your tablet, if you are using the Kndle app open the app and look at the top of the screen for the word Library> then you may see All Items/Downloaded Items/Archived Items or Periodicals. A bar and then a arrow head pointing down.
Hit the arrowhead and select Downloaded Items.
This will show only the items that are on your device, to remove items from your device look for a box made up of 3 horizontal lines. Touch it and then select Remove Items, select what you want to remove and touch the Remove button.
On the Nook or Nook app. You got me. I have books on it but don't see how to remove them. And I know nothing about any of the other e-reader apps.

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
I use FB reader, and get books from anywhere else besides Amazon or B&N. I can delete by using a File explorer or by putting the SD card in a computer. I also save books wherever I want. Have a USB drive just for books. There are plenty of other readers besides Kindle and Nook. BooksAMillion is one that sells in various formats. Ebooks is another.