Earbuds ?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Playing music on the Acer with Earbuds, I've found that the Acer will not honor the earbuds pause control that is built into the mic.

On NONE of the earbuds I have does this work. (three different brands).

I use pause a lot to answer the phone, and I really miss this.

Does anyone have a set that works for this?

banzaimf

May 16, 2011
not one out yet that i know of, but someone (ultimate ears, etymotic, etc) has one to be released later this year. i can't remember who it was, but remember thinking that they would be worth checking out.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
klipsch s4a. Please note the a. Look around and you should be able to find deals on klipsch.

You've personally tested these with the Acer?

Seems odd, when their own website says "ITEM IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. CAN BE PREORDERED."

The Klipsch relies on an app that you have to install. No reason to believe that will work with the Acer until someone can try it out.

I should have pointed out that ALL the earbud headsets I tried work fine on other android devices, Nexus One, Samsung Captivate, Nook eReader.

So its not that Andorid needs special headsets or apps to pause music.

The problem seems to be that 3.1 in the Acer ignores the buttons on the headset. Maybe their audio chip set isn't programmed to deal with that at all, and if that is the case I doubt klipsch will get around it either.