Easy root and install google play on any onda tablet+firmware

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Got the files according to the instruction on the SD card now. But im not able to restart into flashing mode. Shuting down-wait->press and hold Home->press and hold Power.
But it wont work. Only start the T.N.T rom i have installed since before.

Any idea?
-J2D

Hi, im not sure about TNT, but it more than likley installs a CWM type boot so if you can get to recovery, put just the update.zip on your sdcard and boot to recovery then wipe data/cache/media then install the update from sd, update.zip it will install the onda boot then put the root.zip and Factory_update_param.aml on sdcard and follow the guide if you get stuck let me no.

yulman

Dec 2, 2012
No root explorer appears, anyway I've installed through an apk package I downloaded, I tried installing GoogleServicesFramework.apk from /system/app but I get error.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
No root explorer appears, anyway I've installed through an apk package I downloaded, I tried installing GoogleServicesFramework.apk from /system/app but I get error.

Ok, i can't get my head round it, it is only working on certain tablets so i think the way to go is by installing full firmware from onda including the chinese apps etc, then while rooting remove all the chinese apps? therefore keeping each tablets framework as is? I am going to start on writing a new script and loader, give me about 1 hour i will post new link, thanks again for the feedback.

Last edited:

johnny2d

Dec 3, 2012
Puuuh, tried all ways and all internet knowledge but fails to get to recovery mode.
Before I try any more, Will the onda vi 40 elite be any faster with JB? Will it improve the so slow browsing experience. Time is money and I rather buy a other pad than take more time to keep on hoping this "crap" will become even close to user friendly during web browsing.
Yeah- im giving up soon =(

Take care!
-J2D

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Puuuh, tried all ways and all internet knowledge but fails to get to recovery mode.
Before I try any more, Will the onda vi 40 elite be any faster with JB? Will it improve the so slow browsing experience. Time is money and I rather buy a other pad than take more time to keep on hoping this "crap" will become even close to user friendly during web browsing.
Yeah- im giving up soon =(

Take care!
-J2D

How are you trying to get to recovery? Make sure you have no sdcard and tablet is completely shut down, then hold home key for 3-4 seconds then still holding home key press and hold the power key until you see the white droid then let go of both keys, recovery should boot then you an put sdcard in and wipe etc install from sdcard.

yulman

Dec 2, 2012
This morning I have tried the new method and Root works, works the superuser app but I can't see the root explorer app (not a problem, i have installed from apk), also works full play store. Just missing to run the rest of gapps (youtube, contacts, etc..). A lot of thanks.

WCK

Dec 1, 2012
As I said earlier, I am new to this firmware update and other such magic. I have a V811. And a question. On Page 1 of the thread there is a top section and a bottom section separated with a line of "*". If I want to remove Chinese apps and upgrade to Jelly Bean, do I do everything on the page or just the top section only?

Looks like you guys have put in a lot of effort! Hopefully one day I will be able to contribute in some way.

Thanks

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
As I said earlier, I am new to this firmware update and other such magic. I have a V811. And a question. On Page 1 of the thread there is a top section and a bottom section separated with a line of "*". If I want to remove Chinese apps and upgrade to Jelly Bean, do I do everything on the page or just the top section only?

Looks like you guys have put in a lot of effort! Hopefully one day I will be able to contribute in some way.

Thanks
If your using jelly bean firmware(4.1.1) from onda listed as 2.0 just do that section the top section is for Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
This morning I have tried the new method and Root works, works the superuser app but I can't see the root explorer app (not a problem, i have installed from apk), also works full play store. Just missing to run the rest of gapps (youtube, contacts, etc..). A lot of thanks.

Great, did it remove the chinese apps ok? I no i put title as all Gapps (i will change) it only puts in the framework to run all the Gapps so once you download say youtube etc they will run ok, thanks again.

gargamel

Dec 3, 2012
Hi. Thx for your job and help.
Yesterday i root and update my Onda V701 to firmware 1.5.5. All works well, tablet is rooted and all aplications in spanish etc, but i had no time to work with tablet... Today i´m going to connect wifi and tablet don´t connect. What i did bad? How can i solve the problem?
Thx in advance.

EDIT Yesterday i go with this method.... but you are cleaned it from the other post

Genuine Onda Firmware Pre-Rooted with SU and Google apps - iiDiablousZz

Hi, there seem's to be a lot of confusing surrounding the firmware update so i have put this together to walk you through what is a simple process if you have the correct files, so please check then double check your files are for your tablet and read through a couple of times to get used to what your about to do. If you have any questions just ask and i will reply to you.

**PLEASE NOTE YOU CAN DO THIS WITH ANY ONDA TABLET JUST USE THE CORRECT FIRMWARE FILE**
***DOES NOT WORK WITH FIRMWARE 2.0 AND ABOVE***
Also when you download your Firmware file from the link open up the .zip and look for a file which has the version of your tablet and firmware in the name for example ABC_V701_ABC_1.5.5.zip / ABC_V812_ABC.1.4.zip when you have this check inside and if it contains a file called update.zip then extract update.zip as this is your firmware, but if doesn't then keep it as it is as this is your firmware file. Onda are now packing the file with programs to install firmware by usb, you dont need to do it that way, also if you see a file called patch.zip that contains all the chinese apps so just delete if you dont want them**

First off we need the files so download the following 3

Firmware - ONDA - Translator

Root+Gapps - ROOT and Google APPS (2 files)

You should now have the following .zip files

Your firmware/update.zip
root
gapps-ics-20120429-signed

Now copy/drag+drop them to your sd-card as they are, now its time to flash it, please ensure you have atleast 50% battery to be safe.

With the tablet switched off boot to Recovery Mode ( holding down the home + power buttons until you see the white android )

Using the volume keys up/down or home button if no physical volume keys and the power button to select do the following in order

wipe data/factory reset - wipe cache partition - wipe media partition

Now select - apply update from sdcard then select firmware/update.zip when it has finished select reboot, when the tablet loads it will
be in chinese unlock and press the blue button that pops up then press the settings button (blue box with sliders) now go down the left hand menu
to the symbol [A] white box black A, and select, now on the right press the top menu choice and select your language and then make sure you

change the time to your time zone! Now switch off the tablet again.

Again boot to recovery mode and select- apply update from sdcard then select- root.zip when done reboot.

Now goto your apps screen and you will see SuperUser and Root Explorer, select Root Explorer and grant SuperUser permissions.

You will now see a list of files, go down to and select- sdcard then select - external_sdcard and you will now see file-
gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip Press and hold until a menu pops up and choose Extract All, once done select Goto Extracted, then select the file

gapps-ics-20120429-signed then - system then - app You will now see a list of apps, in the top right corner of screen press

the menu button (3 dots) and select Multi-select and then press Select All then Copy.

Now the back button (curved arrow bottom left of screen) you need to press this 6 times and then select System then app, you can now press

Paste... once done power off the tablet and power back on as normal, check your apps and you will now see Play Store.... Enjoy.

You now have your Onda Tablet running as it should be, enjoy!!

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi. Thx for your job and help.
Yesterday i root and update my Onda V701 to firmware 1.5.5. All works well, tablet is rooted and all aplications in spanish etc, but i had no time to work with tablet... Today i´m going to connect wifi and tablet don´t connect. What i did bad? How can i solve the problem?
Thx in advance.

EDIT Yesterday i go with this method.... but you are cleaned it from the other post

Genuine Onda Firmware Pre-Rooted with SU and Google apps - iiDiablousZz

Hi, there seem's to be a lot of confusing surrounding the firmware update so i have put this together to walk you through what is a simple process if you have the correct files, so please check then double check your files are for your tablet and read through a couple of times to get used to what your about to do. If you have any questions just ask and i will reply to you.

**PLEASE NOTE YOU CAN DO THIS WITH ANY ONDA TABLET JUST USE THE CORRECT FIRMWARE FILE**
***DOES NOT WORK WITH FIRMWARE 2.0 AND ABOVE***
Also when you download your Firmware file from the link open up the .zip and look for a file which has the version of your tablet and firmware in the name for example ABC_V701_ABC_1.5.5.zip / ABC_V812_ABC.1.4.zip when you have this check inside and if it contains a file called update.zip then extract update.zip as this is your firmware, but if doesn't then keep it as it is as this is your firmware file. Onda are now packing the file with programs to install firmware by usb, you dont need to do it that way, also if you see a file called patch.zip that contains all the chinese apps so just delete if you dont want them**

First off we need the files so download the following 3

Firmware - ONDA - Translator

Root+Gapps - ROOT and Google APPS (2 files)

You should now have the following .zip files

Your firmware/update.zip
root
gapps-ics-20120429-signed

Now copy/drag+drop them to your sd-card as they are, now its time to flash it, please ensure you have atleast 50% battery to be safe.

With the tablet switched off boot to Recovery Mode ( holding down the home + power buttons until you see the white android )

Using the volume keys up/down or home button if no physical volume keys and the power button to select do the following in order

wipe data/factory reset - wipe cache partition - wipe media partition

Now select - apply update from sdcard then select firmware/update.zip when it has finished select reboot, when the tablet loads it will
be in chinese unlock and press the blue button that pops up then press the settings button (blue box with sliders) now go down the left hand menu
to the symbol [A] white box black A, and select, now on the right press the top menu choice and select your language and then make sure you

change the time to your time zone! Now switch off the tablet again.

Again boot to recovery mode and select- apply update from sdcard then select- root.zip when done reboot.

Now goto your apps screen and you will see SuperUser and Root Explorer, select Root Explorer and grant SuperUser permissions.

You will now see a list of files, go down to and select- sdcard then select - external_sdcard and you will now see file-
gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip Press and hold until a menu pops up and choose Extract All, once done select Goto Extracted, then select the file

gapps-ics-20120429-signed then - system then - app You will now see a list of apps, in the top right corner of screen press

the menu button (3 dots) and select Multi-select and then press Select All then Copy.

Now the back button (curved arrow bottom left of screen) you need to press this 6 times and then select System then app, you can now press

Paste... once done power off the tablet and power back on as normal, check your apps and you will now see Play Store.... Enjoy.

You now have your Onda Tablet running as it should be, enjoy!!

Hi, there seems to be a few problems with v701 install using that guide, i dont know why its what is running my v701, follow Section 1 in this guide and it will clear any problems -

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...l-google-play-any-onda-tablet-firmware-5.html