Easy root and install google play on any onda tablet+firmware

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Last edited:

WCK

Dec 1, 2012
OK, I thought I had it figured out, but I am just confused. I have a V811 with Android version 4.0.3 and Baseband version 1.5.5. I want to upgrade to Jelly Bean, delete Chinese apps, and root. As you suggested, I was about to do Section 2, but I started to think that maybe Section 2 was for systems that are already running Jelly Bean, and that I should be doing Section 1, the top section, because my V811 has ICS installed. Am I over thinking this? I don't want to screw-up my tablet. When I to downloaded the files required for Section 2, I downloaded V811_v2.0-1123SD.zip from the Onda site. When I unzipped it to open the resource.zip, there was no resource.zip file. That was when I thought that I may be doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

gargamel

Dec 3, 2012
Now all works well. No chinese, wifi, play store etc works well. But i have a question (not about your guide but if can help me...) To root and update, i was signed in Play Store with my account before last reboot, but now i has a problem. The tablet isn´t for me, is for a present... can i delete my account of Play Store to give the tablet clean to her new owner? Thx Another way i have to root and update another 3 tablets... is absolutely necessary signed in Play Store after change language and time zone?

sirknow

Nov 24, 2012
Section 1 ONLY FOR ICS

First you need your firmware file, download from link below-
ONDA Onda Electronics

Now you need the root package for ICS 4.0.3

For ICS 4.0.3 - Onda_ICS.zip - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Right, inside your firmware download is a Resource zip, open this and drag the "update.zip" file to your external sdcard.

Now open [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]your [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]root[/FONT][/FONT] package and drag the 2 files "patch.zip" and "factory_update_param.aml" to your external sdcard.

Put the sdcard in the tablet and shut it down, wait a few moments and then press and hold the home key for 3-4 seconds then still holding home key press and hold the power key until you see the white android, then release both keys.

A green android will show along with a progress bar, it takes about 1 minute and then it will restart in chinese.

Hello, I did everything (firmware
VI30D_v2.0-1129SD.ZIP, there wasnt any resource.zip, the update.zip was there directly, and root package patch.zip and factory_update_param.aml) (right now my android is 4.0.3 1.5, i restored factory firmware) i turned off, held home button, press power button, but when i release both keys Home and Power buttons it turns off (it doesnt show green android) why?

vi30 dual core

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
OK, I thought I had it figured out, but I am just confused. I have a V811 with Android version 4.0.3 and Baseband version 1.5.5. I want to upgrade to Jelly Bean, delete Chinese apps, and root. As you suggested, I was about to do Section 2, but I started to think that maybe Section 2 was for systems that are already running Jelly Bean, and that I should be doing Section 1, the top section, because my V811 has ICS installed. Am I over thinking this? I don't want to screw-up my tablet. When I to downloaded the files required for Section 2, I downloaded V811_v2.0-1123SD.zip from the Onda site. When I unzipped it to open the resource.zip, there was no resource.zip file. That was when I thought that I may be doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Use the section for which firmware you download, your going up to jellybean so its that section you use, any questions just ask its better to be sure.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Now all works well. No chinese, wifi, play store etc works well. But i have a question (not about your guide but if can help me...) To root and update, i was signed in Play Store with my account before last reboot, but now i has a problem. The tablet isn´t for me, is for a present... can i delete my account of Play Store to give the tablet clean to her new owner? Thx Another way i have to root and update another 3 tablets... is absolutely necessary signed in Play Store after change language and time zone?

Yes you need to sign in just to be sure the patch is working, if your doing a few just set up a new gmail and use that as a Test one, for the one you already signed in to just clear all history then sigh in with the Test one. thats all i do make one up OndaTest@gmail??

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012

Hello, I did everything (firmware
VI30D_v2.0-1129SD.ZIP, there wasnt any resource.zip, the update.zip was there directly, and root package patch.zip and factory_update_param.aml) (right now my android is 4.0.3 1.5, i restored factory firmware) i turned off, held home button, press power button, but when i release both keys Home and Power buttons it turns off (it doesnt show green android) why?

vi30 dual core

Make sure battery is charged to atleast 60% then when you shut down wait a minute or so to be sure, then you must hold home key first and for atleast 3-4 seconds before you hold power key then wait until you see the white android before you let go of keys.

HarryTabsAlot

Nov 30, 2012
Today onda.cn has released a new version of the 2.0 firmware for my v711, I don't know if it applies to other 2.0 updates either, but is this root for 2.0 still working for the new onda.cn rom update as of today?

WCK

Dec 1, 2012
Use the section for which firmware you download, your going up to jellybean so its that section you use, any questions just ask its better to be sure.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Still cannot find the resource.zip file for the V811_v2.0-1123SD.zip from the Onda site.

WCK

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Still cannot find the resource.zip file for the V811_v2.0-1123SD.zip from the Onda site.

WCK

All you need is the update.zip and patch.zip, i only state resource.zip as most of the firmware comes packed that way, just different for your tablet.

WCK

Dec 1, 2012
All you need is the update.zip and patch.zip, i only state resource.zip as most of the firmware comes packed that way, just different for your tablet.

OK. Great, I really appreciate your help and the time you have spent in helping me with this!

WCK

galvo

Dec 4, 2012
Thanks for all your hard work and forgive my ignorance with the following question.
I have a V712 - I assume it's Version 2 as I've just bought it - is there any sure way to tell?
Anyway, I've done the update. I tried Jelly bean first, but I found that when it rebooted, I got a 2 line chinese dialog box coming up every few seconds.
I could dismiss it by selecting the second line, whih I assume is Chinese for 'OK', but it came up so often it was impossible to do anything else.
The ICS appears to be more successful and I appear to have a working installation in Chinese. I've gone to the language section of settings but how
in the name of all that's holy do you set it to English when everything there is in Chinese characters. I've tried selecting everything I can see but no luck
as yet. Any tips?

TIA

(Edited bit)
Spoke too soon. I managed it with the help of a Youtube video. I'd still love to try Jelly Bean though. Any thoughts on that dialog box that keeps
coming up?
From the fact that it's working, I deduce that I do indeed have a V2 tablet. The firmware version is v1.5 but there appears to be a V1.5.5 for V1
tablets on the Onda website.

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Thanks for all your hard work and forgive my ignorance with the following question.
I have a V712 - I assume it's Version 2 as I've just bought it - is there any sure way to tell?
Anyway, I've done the update. I tried Jelly bean first, but I found that when it rebooted, I got a 2 line chinese dialog box coming up every few seconds.
I could dismiss it by selecting the second line, whih I assume is Chinese for 'OK', but it came up so often it was impossible to do anything else.
The ICS appears to be more successful and I appear to have a working installation in Chinese. I've gone to the language section of settings but how
in the name of all that's holy do you set it to English when everything there is in Chinese characters. I've tried selecting everything I can see but no luck
as yet. Any tips?

TIA

(Edited bit)
Spoke too soon. I managed it with the help of a Youtube video. I'd still love to try Jelly Bean though. Any thoughts on that dialog box that keeps
coming up?
From the fact that it's working, I deduce that I do indeed have a V2 tablet. The firmware version is v1.5 but there appears to be a V1.5.5 for V1
tablets on the Onda website.

You can tell your version in the serial number should have either V1/V2, as for language when it starts press the settings(blue/black box with sliders) then go down on the left menu to language(white box black "A" [A] ) then on the right menu its the top choice, as for the problem with JB, i am not sure i dont have a device running it, i only have the code to work with so all feedback is welcomed, i will look through it and see whats there.

sirknow

Nov 24, 2012
Hello, I did everything (firmware VI30D_v2.0-1129SD.ZIP, there wasnt any resource.zip, the update.zip was there directly, and root package patch.zip and factory_update_param.aml) (right now my android is 4.0.3 1.5, i restored factory firmware) i turned off, held home button, press power button, but when i release both keys Home and Power buttons it turns off (it doesnt show green android) why?

vi30 dual core

Make sure battery is charged to atleast 60% then when you shut down wait a minute or so to be sure, then you must hold home key first and for atleast 3-4 seconds before you hold power key then wait until you see the white android before you let go of keys.

hello now its 90% battery, i waited 2 minutes, did everything when i release both buttoms with white android, it still turning off instead of green android

is this firwmare correct? VI30D_v2.0-1129SD.ZIP??? or would you suggest i try other firmware:? if you could give me the filename also

thanks

Last edited:

WCK

Dec 1, 2012
Update: Jelly Bean installed! (See Attached). Rooted, Superuser and Rootexplorer, Google Play installed, and all seem to be working at this point. I think everything is working. Web browsing seems much smoother and faster. Good WiFi. Just working on removing the Chinese apps, having a few issues trying to get them to leave. To everyone that worked on this, particularly iiDiabolusZz, a big thanks. I was a little nervous, but dove in. I did have one unexpected issue. My battery was completely charged when I started the install process. After the white android, the green android and progress bar appeared, about half way through, the display disappeared and the Low Battery icon appeared. I turned of the tablet, connected to the charger, waited a few minutes and restarted the tablet.
I really thought I was in trouble. Table restarted and completed the installation proceeded with rooting, Superuser installed, but had install Rootexplorer as noted in the * section of the instructions.
$V811_JB_Install.jpg
Thanks Again!
WCK