Easy root and install google play on any onda tablet+firmware

gst0098

Dec 5, 2012
Great post, I have a question, I own a v801 with firmware 1.5, I downloaded the v801_2.0 firmware, can I follow this guide to upgrade to jellybean and root at the same time?

sick2sick

Dec 2, 2012
the second jb works u have to delete all the download and start the process over i had the same problem but now it worked

sirknow

Nov 24, 2012
hello now its 90% battery, i waited 2 minutes, did everything when i release both buttoms with white android, it still turning off instead of green android

is this firwmare correct? VI30D_v2.0-1129SD.ZIP??? or would you suggest i try other firmware:? if you could give me the filename also

thanks

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
hello now its 90% battery, i waited 2 minutes, did everything when i release both buttoms with white android, it still turning off instead of green android

is this firwmare correct? VI30D_v2.0-1129SD.ZIP??? or would you suggest i try other firmware:? if you could give me the filename also

thanks

Are you working on a Vi30? let me no and i will post a link to the correct file, if vi30 i need to no if elite/deluxe etc..

johnny2d

Dec 3, 2012
Think im about to break the tab very soon.. puuuuh!!
Tried everything now to get it to bot from a real bootloader. CWM and everything. But all the time I get back to the TNT bootloader and it starts like usual with their software. Tried all button combinations 100 times to get it to start in recovery mode, with and without sd card.
I guess that the problem is that the TNT software was installed with "livesuit" and a image file with the software. Guess that the software included their own bootloader and alles..? So I might need to flash it again via livesuit with any other image file.. or?

Take care!!
-J2D

gst0098

Dec 5, 2012
Yes follow section 2 JB

I followed the section 2 but strangely, after the update (green android and progrees bar correctly showing up) the system restarted in chinese but it was the same version as before (1.5, ics 4.0.3).
I used the following file: V801D_v2.0-1123SD, is it the correct one for the Onda V801 ?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Giuseppe

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I followed the section 2 but strangely, after the update (green android and progrees bar correctly showing up) the system restarted in chinese but it was the same version as before (1.5, ics 4.0.3).
I used the following file: V801D_v2.0-1123SD, is it the correct one for the Onda V801 ?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Giuseppe

Yes thats the correct file according to Onda site, if you look at the detail on there site it states 4.1.1? Did you remove all other zip folders etc from sdcard and took the update/patch zips from the V801D_v2.0-1123SD zip?
You could try the 1.5.5 on page 2 of the firmwares first using section 1 then try again with v2.0 using section 2.
let me no how you get on thanks

Last edited:

gst0098

Dec 5, 2012
Yes thats the correct file according to Onda site, if you look at the detail on there site it states 4.1.1? Did you remove all other zip folders etc from sdcard and took the update/patch zips from the V801D_v2.0-1123SD zip?
You could try the 1.5.5 on page 2 of the firmwares first using section 1 then try again with v2.0 using section 2.
let me no how you get on thanks

Following the guide for ICS I got a rooted device with 1.5.5 firmware, coming from 1.5. That-s a partial success. Now I'm trying to go on and install the JB update.
I will report asap.

Thanks.

Giuseppe

sirknow

Nov 24, 2012
Are you working on a Vi30? let me no and i will post a link to the correct file, if vi30 i need to no if elite/deluxe etc..

i bought this by ebay:

Onda VI30 Dual Core 8" Android 4 0 Cortex A9 1 5GHz Tablet PC 8GB 1GB DDR3 RAM | eBay

Onda Vi30 Dual Core 8" Android 4.0 Cortex A9 1.5GHz Tablet PC 8GB 1GB DDR3 RAM

tell me which firmware to use and work well pls, the first tutorial at least the green android worked and it became 4.1.1 but no rooting, this new guide the green android doesnt appear, instead it turns off when i release both buttons

thanks

Last edited: