Eglide xl2 rooting

gbrengle1

Aug 10, 2012
I want to root my eglide xl2 (running android 2.2). I downloaded the "eGlide firmware perfected:. In the doc, it tells me to connect to the computer via usb. I'm supposed to insert the usb cable on the tablet side while pushing the "escape" button with tablet power off. There are only two physical buttons on the xl2 (unless I missed something). Neither of them is the "escape" button. One is the power button and the other is the power switch. So....my questions...Where is the "escape" button located on the xl2 (if there is one).....can I flash the ROM using that software...if so, how...can I root with another program, or should I just give up on the idea of rooting my xl2 altogether. Thanks in advance for the help and advice....

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
You only need to give up if the tablet is not booting... or you run over it with your car. :p

Please provide some pics of the xl2... Ive never seen a power button AND a power switch (for wifi, perhaps?)...
Please provide the info that ABOUT DEVICE shows you...

I CAN say that, being 2.2, you SHOULD (I would think) be able to root it with Z4root... not 'obviously' available, but when you search for it you should find it.

(Sorry reply took so long... been working on a story. :D )

gbrengle1

Aug 10, 2012
OOPS! I meant to say a "back" button and a power switch. (I must have had a really tough day the day I composed that post!). I'll tryz4 and get back to you. Thanks for the help...

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Well?

Did it work?
Did it kick you in the shins and run out the door?
Did it hijack a plane and go to Carracas Venezuela?
???
:p

BlindFlip

Nov 29, 2012
I want to root my eglide xl2 (running android 2.2). I downloaded the "eGlide firmware perfected:. In the doc, it tells me to connect to the computer via usb. I'm supposed to insert the usb cable on the tablet side while pushing the "escape" button with tablet power off. There are only two physical buttons on the xl2 (unless I missed something). Neither of them is the "escape" button. One is the power button and the other is the power switch. So....my questions...Where is the "escape" button located on the xl2 (if there is one).....can I flash the ROM using that software...if so, how...can I root with another program, or should I just give up on the idea of rooting my xl2 altogether. Thanks in advance for the help and advice....

I know this is late, but...
The "Escape" button is actually the button located on the right side of your screen, it's a black oval button with silver/metallic outline.