Eken M009

zac

Mar 8, 2011

Labsownyou

Mar 17, 2011
Hey - I got mine two day's ago and I love it! I don't know exactly what OS it's running. It doesn't support live wallpapers and flash is limited. It seems more of a 'fake' android 2.2.

I love it because it's a great time killer. I don't know what the difference in cpu are, as it's my first tablet. I can say if you check my review I found that if you tweak the firmware (which is REALLY easy) you'll find it makes a huge difference in usability. The different firmware also plays angry birds (included) perfectly.

My least favorite thing about it is not having the real market.

Hope I helped somehow,
Labsownyou

relic

Jun 14, 2011
I just ordered my M009 today. will give a review once I receive it and have time to mess around with it.

I too would like info on where to find this other firmware!

TonyR

Jun 21, 2011
I got mine a couple of days ago and so far, it's a great time killer. I went to a star bucks today and got it to hook right up to a wifi connection. But I do have one problem. I can't get my computer to recognize it through the USB port.

Any ideas?

relic

Jun 14, 2011
Just received my m009 two days ago, and I cannot put it down! Absolutely the MOST technology-packed device I have ever bought for under $90.

Mine is manufactured by WonderMedia, which I assume in turn makes eken's products. It is indeed android 2.2 froyo OS, despite what others have said. It also has full access to the android app market and seems to support flash 10 just fine.

the unit is very responsive, very fast/smooth video playback over wifi...even with many applications running. camera has acceptable quality, good enough for video chatting for sure. although I noticed that everything I video is backwards on playback. but I suppose it wasn't meant to be a uber video recording device.

on-screen keyboard is super easy to use. I had absolutely NO problems connecting to my wifi or email accounts. unit comes with tons of preloaded apps. several though are strictly in chinese, so I deleted those apps.

Only negative I have right now is that I don't see any utility to backup all of my data, which I would want in the event of a factory restore.

Now just waiting for my TF micro SD card so that I can load more apps/games.

NOTE: I wanted to stream media from my PC to this device. after lots of searching, I found the perfect solution. the app is called pogoplug and has a PC-side app which creates a media 'cloud' from your media PC. then download the pogoplug android app and you have access to your cloud anywhere you have internet access. and you can share your cloud with friends and vice-versa.

Highly recomended and well worth $85

jrizal

May 25, 2011
@relic et al.

For the latest firmware from Eken go EKEN Support Tablet PC,Car Video Recorder,Mini Camcorder.
For a modded firmware (or simply the alternative firmware) go to http://techknow.freeforums.org/ (registration required).

And in any case you brick your tablet (Eken) just reflash any of the above ROMs.

Lastly App Backup & Restore, AppMonster, Gemini App manager are several backup apps (with freeware versions) for Android.

Last edited:

relic

Jun 14, 2011
has anyone found a video chat app that actually works with this tablet? i've already tried the new skype mobile, fring.

i do recommend the app 'TextPlus' which allows free SMS text messaging to any phone and also assigns you a free phone number in order to receive text as well.

nagolo

Jul 10, 2011
Hello,
I would like to buy eken m900s ( i think like your tablet).
I´m not sure that web with flash works.
Could you try Rockola.fm | música y radio en internet
Is surfing the Internet faster?

Trank you very much
Regars

Just received my m009 two days ago, and I cannot put it down! Absolutely the MOST technology-packed device I have ever bought for under $90.

Mine is manufactured by WonderMedia, which I assume in turn makes eken's products. It is indeed android 2.2 froyo OS, despite what others have said. It also has full access to the android app market and seems to support flash 10 just fine.

the unit is very responsive, very fast/smooth video playback over wifi...even with many applications running. camera has acceptable quality, good enough for video chatting for sure. although I noticed that everything I video is backwards on playback. but I suppose it wasn't meant to be a uber video recording device.

on-screen keyboard is super easy to use. I had absolutely NO problems connecting to my wifi or email accounts. unit comes with tons of preloaded apps. several though are strictly in chinese, so I deleted those apps.

Only negative I have right now is that I don't see any utility to backup all of my data, which I would want in the event of a factory restore.

Now just waiting for my TF micro SD card so that I can load more apps/games.

NOTE: I wanted to stream media from my PC to this device. after lots of searching, I found the perfect solution. the app is called pogoplug and has a PC-side app which creates a media 'cloud' from your media PC. then download the pogoplug android app and you have access to your cloud anywhere you have internet access. and you can share your cloud with friends and vice-versa.

Highly recomended and well worth $85

simplymike

Jul 29, 2011
figured i'd chime in. I bought mine ohmost a week ago, $74shipped, and i like it so far. i did upgrade the firmware to the "Singularity" version. (just google the name) but im having issues of my own now.. the facebook app seems to "force close" everytime i try to use it, same as the andriod market, and everytime i turn the tablet back on after charging my wallpaper resets. any ideas anyone?

Beckalee

Oct 27, 2011
hi I down loaded this but now my touch screen doesnt respond, what do you think i should do to fix it?

Nov 1, 2011
hi I down loaded this but now my touch screen doesnt respond, what do you think i should do to fix it?

the latest firmware is missing modules and the m009s is being phased out, i have a rooted custom rom i am uploading and will post a link here when it is done :D

Nov 1, 2011
The latest firmware available from Eken, is located at :http://www.eken.com/en/soft/M009S_VT1609_1.5.5.zip As this is the original Eken firmware and not a modded firmware, it should pose minimum risk in upgrading. It also should work on most wm8650 devices.
I had a hell of a time getting a fw that actually worked on my m009s, this stock rom is missing a module that is needed for touch and audio to function, i am uploading a rom and i'll be working on a cm7, honeycomb, and perhaps other upgrades for this model soon.