ELF Update to New Firmware Makes Many Apps Incompatible? Can I restore them w/ QtADB?

dfasano

Apr 4, 2012
Ok, so I updated to the new firmware update for ICS on my Elf. Update was successful and I enjoy the speed boost, touch screen response and battery life increase. However, I cannot redownload many of the apps I had previously downloaded and installed on my Elf.
Previously, I had installed the patch going around for Novo 7s that fixed the no Market/Play issue, but killed battery life and totally slowed down the device. But I never had any issue with d/ling any app that would run on ICS. Now I can't d/l Facebook, YP yellow pages, a certain TV guide app, several GO add-ons like the weather widget (yet GO Launcher EX installs fine).
Am I crazy or do other recent updaters have this issue? Also, I made an app backup using QtADB before I updated the firmware. Could I recover them and keep the updated firmware? And if so, How? I have not been able to figure out how to put this thing into recovery mode that QtADB will recognize in order to display the recover or restore button.
Please help. Thanks.

psychobuidgie

Apr 1, 2012
Last edited: