eLocity A7

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
OK, now showing as "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available." Is that different from "Currently unavailable"?

-Matt

Oct 2, 2010
Not really - but since I signed up at least now I'll know when it gets released. That's happened before with a camera lens I was looking at buying. They had it available for pre-order, then dropped it to the "sign up" status. Once it was released I was able to purchase it thanks to the email notification.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I've still got it in my cart..."Saved Items," actually. I reload the cart every morning (price changes show up with the refresh). I assume that will work the same as email notification. Either way, I'm not pressing the buy button until some "expert" reviews and hands-on demos are published!

-Matt

Oct 2, 2010
I guess we'll have to wait until after the Chinese holiday to find out more.

Oh, and BTW - does anyone know when the official release date is supposed to be?

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Thought I could sweet-talk Esther at elocitynow into telling us the release date, but no luck. Anyway, here's the latest:

Hi Matthew,

Amazon is in the midst of making some changes to the page so it should be back up fairly quickly.

Thanks!
Esther.

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 9:46 AM:
Dear Miss Koo,

I am very much looking forward to the release of the A7 tablet. Recently, I noticed that its status has changed on Amazon from "preorder" to "notify when available." If you have a moment, could you please offer any information you have about when the product will be available?

I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Cheers,

Matt

sherring8290

Oct 5, 2010
I already pre ordered it, but from my impression it was limited time offer for the $370 on amazon. Maybe (Im hoping) they had overwhelming response and filled their pre order slots. if you go to elocitynow.com you should be able to snag a review unit if you are a tech writer or do reviews. check it out

sherring8290

Oct 5, 2010
I saw on various sites as well as engadget that late October release is rumored but my guess is November will be much more likely

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
^ Hey, just noticed you're in St. Louis. Howdy from Carbondale, IL. =) Great weather we're having, huh?

-Matt

sherring8290

Oct 5, 2010
haha gadgetrants^ the weathers wonderful, its gonna get hot here this weekend though how is C-Dale treating ya?

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
haha gadgetrants^ the weathers wonderful, its gonna get hot here this weekend though how is C-Dale treating ya?
Having spent 30 years in San Diego/San Francisco...Carbondale SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it's growing on me (esp the cost of living). The highlight of the month is our occasional trip to St. Louis--my favorite stop is Trader Joes. =)

-Matt

sherring8290

Oct 5, 2010
Having spent 30 years in San Diego/San Francisco...Carbondale SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it's growing on me (esp the cost of living). The highlight of the month is our occasional trip to St. Louis--my favorite stop is Trader Joes. =)

-Matt

I love Trader Joes! too bad they dont sell Android Tablets lol =)

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I love Trader Joes! too bad they dont sell Android Tablets lol =)
Yeah, yeah. Go ahead and gloat about the fact that you have 4 and I have none (Brentwood is my favorite). Too bad they also don't do mail order!!!

OK, I better unhijack the thread.

-Matt