eLocity A7

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
Yes! Mine is still on pre-order. I am anxiously awaiting the email that says they will start to ship these units. There is a rumor that it will be 1st of November.

Now I just need to find a good deal on an HDTV so that I can use the hdmi jack with the tablet. (once I get it)

anyone know where to get an inexpensive monitor/HDTV ?

sherring8290

Oct 5, 2010
Yes! Mine is still on pre-order. I am anxiously awaiting the email that says they will start to ship these units. There is a rumor that it will be 1st of November.

Now I just need to find a good deal on an HDTV so that I can use the hdmi jack with the tablet. (once I get it)

anyone know where to get an inexpensive monitor/HDTV ?

I heard the November 1st date too! I'm excited rumor has it it includes a full size wireless keyboard, an HDMI cable, and a dual full size usb! I cannot wait

and about cheap monitor/ TV w/ HDMI search www.newegg.com they got deals on everything

Oct 2, 2010
Exciting, isn't it?

This is one of the tabs I'm waiting for so I can read the reviews etc before buying. It does look mighty good though!

sherring8290

Oct 5, 2010
Exciting, isn't it?

This is one of the tabs I'm waiting for so I can read the reviews etc before buying. It does look mighty good though!

Very exciting! i pre ordered this tab about a month ago, when i recieve it I will post an In depth review in a new forum on this site! keep a look out, im crossing my fingers for that November 1st date

AndroidIsTheTruth

Aug 15, 2010
I just preordered mines today as well. Took the plunge. Can't see Amazon steering us wrong. I think this will be a solid tablet. Hopefully they surprise us and release it earlier than that. Nonetheless, I will continue to enjoy my Nexus. If it wasn't for the Tegra 2, I'd probably would have waited for the Archos 7o

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
this is off topic a bit BUT I found some great referb HDTVs at Mwave.com. The HDMI-out is one feature I am anxious to see the Elocity A7 do for me.
Is it November yet?

AndroidIsTheTruth

Aug 15, 2010
I just see the Elocity being the better off brand Tablet with future prospect because of it's specs. If it gets root, WHOOP WHOOP!

It's funny because I got an email from Amazon saying it was avail for pre order but I was able to preorder earlier that day. Weird.

Oct 2, 2010
I'm still on the fence over this one. If I buy it, then I can't buy the Samsung or any of the others on my drool list.... I'm just going to have to be patient.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I'm still on the fence over this one. If I buy it, then I can't buy the Samsung or any of the others on my drool list.... I'm just going to have to be patient.
I don't want to rain on your...or anyone else's parade...but the eLocity is a real unknown quantity. On paper it looks awesome, but it has several questions that need to be answered before it's a "buy" in my book.

I know what you mean about drool. It will be so nice when a few of the new crop start shipping, and we get some serious user feedback. I'm not arguing against early-adoption...just against throwing good money away!

-Matt

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
Today Amazon says "Not Yet Shipped" concerning this item but the "Out of Stock" label is gone. I hope we are getting closer. I would love to start using this device!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Hey everybody, OP here, with lessons I've learned from starting this thread:

(1) Be VERY CAREFUL when you create a thread title, because you cannot change it afterwards. I checked--but mistakenly saw the "edit the title WITHIN the thread option" and thought it would also appear that way on the board (check my OP). I was wrong. It didn't trickle outward. I wish I could go back and have a do-over, because the title lives in infamy. And worse, I know now in a few weeks someone will actually buy the A7, and then post here saying "WTH!?!?! I just received mine. This thread is so wrong." :mad:

(2) Be VERY CAREFUL when you claim to see something undesired on a website. I learned that taking a screenshot will help reassure the unbelievers (which I often am). :p

(3) DON'T ASSUME, even if the thread is 2-3 pages, that users will work their way through the comments. Some apparently just see the title, and knee-jerk respond. I know I do that...and now I'll try to do it less. OK, I won't do it when the thread is 100 pages long...but 7-8 pages, I'll read first. :cool:

I think the A7 looks like an awesome piece of glass, metal, and plastic, and I look forward to its release!

-Matt

Oct 2, 2010
Hey everybody, OP here, with lessons I've learned from starting this thread:

(1) Be VERY CAREFUL when you create a thread title, because you cannot change it afterwards.

(2) Be VERY CAREFUL when you claim to see something undesired on a website. I learned that taking a screenshot will help reassure the unbelievers (which I often am). :p

(3) DON'T ASSUME, even if the thread is 2-3 pages, that users will work their way through the comments. Some apparently just see the title, and knee-jerk respond. I know I do that...and now I'll try to do it less. OK, I won't do it when the thread is 100 pages long...but 7-8 pages, I'll read first. :cool:

I think the A7 looks like an awesome piece of glass, metal, and plastic, and I look forward to its release!

-Matt

Very good and appreciated points!

I'm looking forward to the A7's release too - that way you all can play with it and post some reviews so I can figure out which tablet I'm going to end up with. ;)

overboard08

Oct 20, 2010
I was looking at this and it does almost seems too good to be true but if it is, seems like a very solid competitor to the iPad and any of the other android tablets out there. Any ideas on release dates and possible selling outlets besides Amazon? (Best Buy, etc)