eLocity A7

Oct 2, 2010
Does anyone know when this tablet is going to actually come out? On the eLocity's site it just says "shipping in time for the holiday season"

ETA: Just saw on the media release that the tablets will begin shipping on November 22 for all those out there that have been waiting. :)

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2010
Awww that's sweet of you!

I just need to make it until the first week in November when the goodies start hitting the stores. If I can actually play with a Galaxy Tab or the Rocketfish tablets or that 7 inch whatchamacallits in a store then maybe I won't be so.... well, you know....

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Well, I'm not gonna use the word "addiction" but I know what it feels like to have a strong attraction to things with screens and buttons. ATM I am enjoying my new Asus T91MT tablet-PC hybrid (on sale at woot a few weeks ago), which was intended to keep my fingers busy until Q2 2011...and yet, every time I watch a hands-on video of the Galaxy I feel my heart rate speed up and I get this irrational sense that I need to HAVE IT! :eek:

-Matt

AndroidIsTheTruth

Aug 15, 2010
I'm really torn between the Elocity A7, Archos 70, and Galaxy Tab Wifi.

I can go tomorrow and put a PreOrder Payment down at Best Buy, Wait for the PreOrder for Elocity on Amazon, or wait till whenever Archos opens preorders on Amazon.

I keep thinking I'm wanting to much out of the Galaxy Tab, and There's alot of great things going for the Elocity.

Sigh decisions. This is a tough one.

Darkseider

Oct 19, 2010

I can go tomorrow and put a PreOrder Payment down at Best Buy, Wait for the PreOrder for Elocity on Amazon, or wait till whenever Archos opens preorders on Amazon.

I keep thinking I'm wanting to much out of the Galaxy Tab, and There's alot of great things going for the Elocity.

Don't forget about this one that just started taking pre-orders. It is the same device as the Toshiba Folio 100

Flat Computing, LLC - FlatPad A10T - Nvidia Tegra 250

Decisions, decisions....

Oct 2, 2010
Well, I'm not gonna use the word "addiction" but I know what it feels like to have a strong attraction to things with screens and buttons. ATM I am enjoying my new Asus T91MT tablet-PC hybrid (on sale at woot a few weeks ago), which was intended to keep my fingers busy until Q2 2011...and yet, every time I watch a hands-on video of the Galaxy I feel my heart rate speed up and I get this irrational sense that I need to HAVE IT! :eek:

-Matt

Well I don't hesitate to call it an addiction at all. ;) I am just as bad when buying a new phone. You should have seen me when the first digital calculator watches came out (yes I know I'm that old) but I had to have one, saved up my money for weeks and then played with it constantly until it broke.

I have a bad feeling that I'm going to end up with way too many tablets before I'm done!

Yep, I agree. But my three are the Galaxy Tab, the A7 and the Dell Streak. I refuse to decide on one of them until I actually get to play with the Tab and the Streak in the store. Then I'll pick one...

lcizzle

Oct 24, 2010
sigh :(

I was just about to go ahead and pre-order the eLocity yesterday. It came off pre-order and Amazon had listed 1-3 weeks. Today I woke up and checked and now it says 1-2 months. yikes.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
sigh :(

I was just about to go ahead and pre-order the eLocity yesterday. It came off pre-order and Amazon had listed 1-3 weeks. Today I woke up and checked and now it says 1-2 months. yikes.
At the risk of sounding like I'm making s*** up--if you're interested in buying the A7 I believe this is actually a positive sign. Something similar happened a while back when I was waiting on an Archos. Basically, this means that the vendor has signaled their intent to ship, but have not yet provided a date. So in my universe, it's a step between "we'll let you know when it's available" and "it's available now". In other words, since it's not on preorder any more, it's a step closer to shipping. Given Amazon's usual antics, I'd conclude it's in line with mid- to late-November ship date.

-Matt

jlaubin

Oct 24, 2010
i personally think that there is an androis 2.2 software issue..No one is shipping 2.2 to the usa..Archos was11/2..now no date, cruz tablet is now using 2.1..Maybe google is tightening its strings on the software..

Amazon used to be the best electronics source..now its like ebay.. vendors from china too..Read some of the feedbacks..there email questions to the vendors being counted as feedback.. Things that Amazon ships are good..beware of some place you've never heard of..Wongs house of Noddles and Android may not be the best..

Oct 2, 2010
I agree @jlaubin. There does seem to be a bit of a problem with 2.2. But the gTab is still coming out with 2.2, and hopefully some of the other tabs will get 2.2 sooner rather than later.

It is good news that the A7 is shipping soon! A November 18th may mean that it's starting to ship on the 15th for pre orders. ;)