eLocity A7

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
the shipping dates on my order are November 18th - December 1st. I was really hoping that it had shipped today but that is NOT the case.
I hope it is not VAPORWARE.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
No way! Android 2.1???? "Custom" UI???

It still, more or less has similar specs to the original albeit an older version of Android with a custom UI – a 7″ 1024 x 600 capacitive touch display, NVidia Tegra 2 (Cortex-A9 dual core), 512MB RAM, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, 3G, 4/16/32GB storage, 1.3MP webcam, HDMI-out, g-sensor, accelerometer and Android 2.1.

Maybe the vaporware claims have some merit.

-Matt

AndroidIsTheTruth

Aug 15, 2010
Seriously they said in September it would be released mid to end of November. Amazon says shipping mid to end November and even Elocity says themselves mid to end of november. Even the press release that the unit will be sold in stores reflect the same time frame

Second I don't believe this article is correct. It's not even the same screen resolution as original specs. I can't see them doing a complete design overhaul in two months.

chill out and give the product time.

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
Klown07 is right. vaporware.
Amazon just bumped my shipping date to December 17th.
NOW what is an alternative that has the same processor and capacitive touch and all that great stuff?

AndroidIsTheTruth

Aug 15, 2010
Klown07 is right. vaporware.
Amazon just bumped my shipping date to December 17th.
NOW what is an alternative that has the same processor and capacitive touch and all that great stuff?

Nothing except the Viewsonic G Tab. I was almost tempted to buy one yesterday waiting on this damn Elocity but I don't want a 10in tab. I tried to defend them, but I still think it's too early to jump the vaporware gun. In my HONEST opinion, I think Tegra 2 is ahead of it's time in regards to Froyo. You can look at the G Tab and see the issues it's having.

I still have my order on at Amazon, but I also have an order in for the Galaxy Tab AT&T. I REALLY want the Tegra 2 processor to add some longer life in future upgrades but I'm thinking the Galaxy tab will have more support from the community and MFR until more known name tabs hit next year.

Guess I'm just so damn impatient of wanting to get a great tab.

Oct 2, 2010
I still have my order on at Amazon, but I also have an order in for the Galaxy Tab AT&T. I REALLY want the Tegra 2 processor to add some longer life in future upgrades but I'm thinking the Galaxy tab will have more support from the community and MFR until more known name tabs hit next year.

Guess I'm just so damn impatient of wanting to get a great tab.

I did end up with the Galaxy tab, and it is a pretty sweet tablet. I was hoping the A7 would have shipped by now, so we could get some reviews of it.

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
Now it is final for me. Amazon sent me an email saying that they could not obtain this item: Elocity a7.
now the search is on for something that is almost as good. Coby maybe? Herotab? who knows.
I understand that the Sylvania one has a mono audio port?

Garemlin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2010
Is this going to be a worthy tablet??? I just read about it on Phandroid. I'm am new to the tablet market and have been doing alot of reading. But it seems like there are alot of budget/lesser-known companies tabs that are having various issues.