eLocity A7

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
Looks legit to me. I wonder if they actually have it in stock?
This is the tablet that a few of us had pre-ordered at Amazon. After waiting months we got email notification that Amazon could not get the product soon and all the orders were canceled.
If they really have it sign me up! This has the potential to be a great tablet.

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
I got sick of waiting and purchased the Coby MID7015.
Maybe next year after tax refunds.

Thanks for the tip! It looks like a great tablet.
(i would also like to see how the PalmPad turns out. WebOS is hot!)

Darkseider

Oct 19, 2010
Well from the looks of the screen shots it is bone stock vanilla Froyo, YAY! The guts of the unit make it a monster. I am waiting for some early reviews and see if XDA jumps on this one like they did the Viewsonic GTab. If it turns out well I will be adding another Tegra 2 tablet to my stable!

downlinx

Nov 18, 2010
yea its really a toss up now between the archos 70 and this one. I will have to see how this plays out and how much support is for the product.

medicnj

Dec 17, 2010
Have one on order, should be arriving today, price is correct! Great specs for the price. Will advise as I use it, have a MotoDroid since day 1 so am an advanced Droid user, rooted with custom rom.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Merged the threads.

Found some foul information about capacitive screen not being actual multitouch. Might be a deal breaker for some. Otherwise looks okay.

AndroidIsTheTruth

Aug 15, 2010
Such a bummer to have all that power and crippled by the multitouch. That means it can't support gmaps 5 from it sounds like. Like the Nexus One.

bazbob

Dec 17, 2010
I got mine 2 days ago. Works pretty well but I'm a bit bummed about no "Android Market" being pre-installed. Anyone know how to install Market so I can load the google apps?

Zenwood

Dec 17, 2010
I just got mine. I think it looks nice. It only took me a minute to get the WiFi setup. I was worried about the viewing angels based on some of the comments posted. I think it's OK. I had a ViewSonic 10.1" Tablet and took it back because of the viewing angels.

Zenwood

Dec 17, 2010
from the eLocity website...

A7 Internet Tablet
Some initial technical issues, including the Angry Birds installation problem, have been corrected by eLocity engineers. A firmware update should be available on on this page by December 24, 2010. Please check back soon to update your tablet.