eLocity A7

spock962

Dec 19, 2010
Hey i asked the peeps @ eLocity about upgrading to to Android 3.0

Hi S***,

Thanks for your web submission. It is our understanding that Android 3.0 will require both front facing and rear facing cameras. Since the A7 has only a front facing camera, it seems that it will not be able to support Android 3.0 when it is released.

We are working on an A7 pro that should support the upgrade when we release it. I don't have a release date on that next generation product yet, though.

Happy new year to you!

Bud *********
Team eLocity

>

Last edited:

DCLocal

Nov 25, 2010
We are working on an A7 pro that should support the upgrade when we release it. I don't have a release date on that next generation product yet, though.

Very interesting...

now why would you need a extra camera for a new upgrade?
one is fine.

Good question, I wonder if it is really enforced for upgrades. If not no doubt 3.0 ROM will be available from one way or another.

spock962

Dec 19, 2010
Well I convinced this is the Tab for me..Now I'm kicking my self I'm pretty sure Tigerdirect had it for $299 on Christmas eve : (
Currently it @ 349 with free shipping........

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Interesting development at Amazon:

Item Under Review

This item is currently unavailable from Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
-Matt

matthew2582

Jun 29, 2010
I had the A70 - cute device but the eLocity A7 crushes it in terms of RAM - 512mb versus A70's 256mb, processor - dual core Tegra 2 versus Cortex A8, support for Honeycomb, better build quality. Quadrant score now 2400+ versus about 1600 for A70 - and actually our A70 is only getting 1400. True, the A70 has true multi-touch but I can live with the eLocity's one point pinch and zoom for all the other benefits

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Just speculation at this point...theories about the "bonus kit" with an HDMI cable not being sent. ...multitouch not working... ...market problems... I don't know why no owners have left a comment about it yet.

-Matt

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
Hi all,

I'm looking for a tablet that I can play around with. I've read about the issues with the A7 and they don't bug me. Like I said I like to hack around.

The only issues is the lack of internal 3G. I know the A7 has a sim slot that currently isn't functional. There's a company in Australia that sells this unit , under a different name, that offers 3g via Mini card module via USB I/F so it's possible. Has anyone opened the A7?

Pioneer Computers & Notebooks - Products - DreamBook ePad - DreamBook ePad ARM 7"-10" - DreamBook ePad N7

I'm wondering if I could order the A7 from Tigerdirect and then add the card myself or does someone know where I can buy the A7 with G3 online that isn't all the way in Australia (Not sure the above company will ship to Canada).

Thanks,

MD

Last edited:

tdively1

Jan 9, 2011
Well I convinced this is the Tab for me..Now I'm kicking my self I'm pretty sure Tigerdirect had it for $299 on Christmas eve : (
Currently it @ 349 with free shipping........

I found the A7 on sale at CompUSA (aka Tiger Direct) for 299. Picked mine up today.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Probably not that simple of a mod... But keep asking around for a picture of the internals of the 3G variant.

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
Probably not that simple of a mod... But keep asking around for a picture of the internals of the 3G variant.

You're right if I could only see the insides. I'm thinking it wouldn't be a tough hardware mod because I'm hoping that the wiring is all ready there. On the Australian site Blue tooth is an option which leads me to believe that some components are inter-changeable. In other words I think they're the same unit. I can't see them making small production runs for separate companies.

Now the software is a challenge for me.

MD

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
If we could find out which module it was then I'm sure we could order it online (Ebay). I would love to see if anyone has taken the A7 apart.