Elocity wont read microsd

Outlaw

Feb 22, 2011
ok I'm hoping someone out there can help me out. I purchased an Elocity A7 tablet and bought 2 different microsd cards, PNY 4gb and Sandisk 8gb. I tried both of them and both cant even be seen on the A7. I tried formating to Fat32 and NFTS and back but nothing. It wont see nothing.
Any help please.
Thanx

nwallach

Feb 28, 2011
ok I'm hoping someone out there can help me out. I purchased an Elocity A7 tablet and bought 2 different microsd cards, PNY 4gb and Sandisk 8gb. I tried both of them and both cant even be seen on the A7. I tried formating to Fat32 and NFTS and back but nothing. It wont see nothing.
Any help please.
Thanx
I Had a simiar problem. The elocity couldn't read my microSD Patriot 32 GB class 4 card either as an SD or in a USB adapter. The solution was to put it in my PC (Win 7) using the adapter and reformatting it as FAT 32 using the default sector size. Now the elocity can read it as a USB and as an SD.

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Oulaw try what nwallach says!

I did the same thing. I put 8gb Micro in adapter to make full size SD then into my Card reader , then into my Mac , formatted it to Fat Win Dos setting, dragged Update zip from Elocitynow.com download page into Sd card,then into A7 , it did complete upgrade in 5 mins. Did not lose any added apps, or data at all, "About Devices" in settings shows it being installed okay.

Outlaw

Feb 22, 2011
Thank you for your suggestions. I was on the verge of returning the tablet but i bought 1 more micro sd card to try (i can always use micro sd's with the phone or mp3) and when i went to download the update again it was a new update and the elocity took the update smoothly. i doubt it was the sd card cause i did the exact same thing (well i guess it could have been), but it worked. thanx everyone for your help.