elonex 1000-ET + Skyfire?

allan40alt

Jan 23, 2011
I've also posed the same question with elonex and this their reply:

Hi Allan

Thanks for your input, as a result of this we are now going to be testing Skyfire on the 1000ET unit. Once we have come to a conclusion and this has been fully tested we will get back to you.

FYI – Android 2.2 unfortunately will not support flash, we are currently in communication with Google reference to this in order to try and make the unit flash compatible.

Regards

Elonex Support

(PS: I seem to have posted this thread in the wrong section so please move it if necessary. Sorry. )

allan40alt

Jan 23, 2011
Great news.

Just had this reply from Elonex:

Hi

We have run tests against the skyfire app and this is compatible with the unit,

Regards

Elonex Support

allan40alt

Jan 23, 2011
Well I've installed SkyFire and I'm pleased to report it works very well.

Web pages seem to load faster and scrolling using a finger/stylus is very smooth.

Many items (not all) that require a flash player are quickly converted to enable me to view them. They all seem to run smooth without any jerkiness.

I'm so pleased that I've set it as my default browser.

Last edited:

Vambo

Apr 28, 2011
How did you down load Skyfire as every time i try it tells me it is not comapaible with 1000ET?

allan40alt

Jan 23, 2011
Open the 'apps market' (the paper bag with a picture of an android logo on it).

Search for Skyfire and install from there.

Good luck.

Vambo

Apr 28, 2011
Thanks, tried last night, Success!! but slowed unit down terrible so uninstalled it.

Vambo

Apr 28, 2011
Purchased the unit from Elonex stand at gadget show in April, it already had 2.2 on it.

allan40alt

Jan 23, 2011
Shame it's running slow. You could try un-installing/re-installing.

The main benefit is that you can watch features that require 'Flash' as Firefox converts the signal to a much smaller bandwidth which enables it to be viewed.

Mine also loads the pages faster and scrolls very smoothly.

Elonex are due to bring out an update for 2.2 shortly that allows 'Flash' to play.

I'll be installing that as soon as they've finished with the testing and approval.