Em73 irobot telechip 8803 sd card stuck!

greenpaul

Dec 6, 2011
I've recently purchased an IRobot 7 inch tab from ebay. The MID user manual says it is an EM73 - Telechip 8803, 1.2MHZ, 512MB DDR3, 4GB NAND flash.

I got myself an SD card and put it in the SD slot, it didn't feel right so i flipped it over and put it back in, again didn't feel right so thought a little extra push would do the job... silly me, it is now stuck as i think i missed the internal slot and is now sitting just above the slot. I think i need to remove the back to get to the SD card but i'm not sure how to get the back off. There are so many different types of tabs and haven't seen anything that shows how you remove the back to this one. I've seen ones that have screws at the back or you rip the front screen off to reveal the screws but i think this one there isn't any screws but you need to work the back off. However before i try has anyone been successful in removing the back of one of these and if so how did you do it?

Attachments

• $2.jpg
    $2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 837

greenpaul

Dec 6, 2011
Thanks, i managed to get the back off, i purchased an iPhone tool kit off e-bay (couple of quid) and slowly worked my way around the back. I started on the long side without any buttons(but the way the back is on it doesn't really matter which side you start on as the back has cut out groves for all the buttons connections so doesn't touch them). I just took it nice and slow and levered up the one side bit by bit then moved around to the smaller side of the tablet, in short there isn't any glue and you put something very thin between the back and the outside rim and then lever the back up, it is held on by very small clips and none of these broke off. After a bit i then pulled it up with my hands and it came off nicely. Problem is i couldn't get the SD card out as it has gone behind the circuit board and gives it a nice little rattle now! Haven't really got the know-how on getting under that and the rattle isn't a problem unless I'm shaking the unit.